Re: GIBSON NOUVEAU

Advertisement
Posted by Bruce Weiner on Tue, 04/09/02 - 19:47:29.

I read the following on the internet: I contacted the Gibson Customer Support office recently. According to Gibson the Guitars neck and body were made in Japan, then shipped unassembled to the U.S where they were assembled and finished. They were manufactured under the Nouveau by Gibson brand in 1986. Electric models joined the line in 1987. Gibson moved the acoustic Nouveau line to the Epiphone line, under the brand name Nouveau by Epiphone by Sept 1987 and the electric guitars were moved to the Epiphone by Feb 1988. The line was discontinued by early 1989. Gibson recommends Gruin Guitars, Mandolin Brothers or Elderly Instruments for appraisal of value.

: These are a very nice "player" guitars for low dollar cost. The build and tonality is very good. While I don't feel its tonality is as nice as a 510 or above Taylor or the playablity of a Tacoma Chief IT is a great value guitar. I have owned a USA made Martin Shenandoah (very rare) and a mid level Guild and I still own a top of the line Takamine, the Nouveau is vastly superior to them in both playable-ity and tonality. You could find a better guitar but, not at this price. If you can find one pick it up. I would play this on stage any day.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

nouveau acoustic guitar

I got a nouveau acoustic guitar at a fleamarket and it has the dimond under the nouveau that someone had melted with heat wich was very wrong doing that said gibson. and it has a square paper lable in side that says made by gibson 23681.and up inside where the neck block is it says 012116 with a T under it.can anyone help me with some info .thank you very much

: I read the following on the internet: I contacted the Gibson Customer Support office recently. According to Gibson the Guitars neck and body were made in Japan, then shipped unassembled to the U.S where they were assembled and finished. They were manufactured under the Nouveau by Gibson brand in 1986. Electric models joined the line in 1987. Gibson moved the acoustic Nouveau line to the Epiphone line, under the brand name Nouveau by Epiphone by Sept 1987 and the electric guitars were moved to the Epiphone by Feb 1988. The line was discontinued by early 1989. Gibson recommends Gruin Guitars, Mandolin Brothers or Elderly Instruments for appraisal of value.

: : These are a very nice "player" guitars for low dollar cost. The build and tonality is very good. While I don't feel its tonality is as nice as a 510 or above Taylor or the playablity of a Tacoma Chief IT is a great value guitar. I have owned a USA made Martin Shenandoah (very rare) and a mid level Guild and I still own a top of the line Takamine, the Nouveau is vastly superior to them in both playable-ity and tonality. You could find a better guitar but, not at this price. If you can find one pick it up. I would play this on stage any day.

Have an acoustic 6 string Gibson Nouveau I wnat to sell. got it in '86. respond if interested. Bob J.

Had a Nouveau about 15 years ago. used to play at family reunion when everyone else had Martins and Gibsons. They all asked to play mine. Had awesome sound and it kept the note longer than the other guitars. One in a million...wish i still had it.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.