Re: GIBSON NOUVEAU

Posted by hbolt on Sun, 09/08/02 - 16:33:05.

I have the nv-185 version of the nouveau, when i contacted the gibson factory there were very helpfull and confirmed that the nouveau was only in production under gibson for 1 year in the 80s, I then contacted the guitar shops reccommended to me by gibson for a valuation, (I bought the nv-185 off ebay for 350 dollars which is about 225 uk pounds (I am from england)). they inform me that they recall the instruments and that they were of a very high standard and the value would be around 750 -900 us dollars, which I was very pleased at indeed. I hear that the guitars are rare in the u.s so i prosume that they are even more so in the uk, I have not seen another one since, If I was to compare in to a taylor,high end guild, etc, no its not as good but compared to difference in price the guitar is unbelivable, I think if the guitar stayed the same but the nouveau logo at the top was actualy the real gibson logo, and you had just pick it up in a shop you would'nt question the quality. I would'nt sell the guitar because I feel I payed a very good price for it, but if i had payed more i would look at trading it in for the real gibson logo.(stupid I know)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.