Re: GIBSON NOUVEAU

Advertisement
Posted by justin on Thu, 03/06/03 - 18:42:01.

not like any one is going to read this but,
i, too, have a gibson nouveau acoustic guitar and it is one of the greatest sounding guitars i have ever played and the action is superb. i also was unable to find anything out about it until now. i love this guitar and do not understand how it could be cheap if it 1) sounds amazing 2)looks amazing and 3) is hard to find. strange?
my dad bought it with the case for $250 i believe.
i, also, would never sell it.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I have a Gibson Neuveau my son gave me back in 1988. He worked for Gibson at the time. He now works for Brooks & Dunn and he has one too. It's a great guitar and I've used it for all these years and it just gets better and better. I can't believe they not worth a lot of money. Mine is worth a ton to me.... Johnny Seay

: not like any one is going to read this but,
: i, too, have a gibson nouveau acoustic guitar and it is one of the greatest sounding guitars i have ever played and the action is superb. i also was unable to find anything out about it until now. i love this guitar and do not understand how it could be cheap if it 1) sounds amazing 2)looks amazing and 3) is hard to find. strange?
: my dad bought it with the case for $250 i believe.
: i, also, would never sell it.

well it looks like someone read your follow up!i was the first person to start this page asking if anyone knows anything about my nouveau.i have found out from all these people that they all love there gibson and really no one knows anything else about this guitar.one letter i recieved not on this page was from a guy in europe that has one he was told that there were only 6 in europe and 6 in usa.i dont know how right he is but apparently all there are not many made.thank everyone for answering my question.

:one letter i recieved not on this page was from a guy in europe that has one he was told that there were only 6 in europe and 6 in usa.i dont know how right he is but apparently all there are not many made.

I read in a magazine sometime in the late 80's when the announcement went out that they were discontinuing the line that 1) there was some dispute between the Japanese company that made the parts and 2) that only a couple hundred guitars were made. I wish I could remember where I read that because I'd like to dig it up and read the actaul words.

I mean a contract dispute between Gibson and the Japanese company.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.