gibson nouveau NV-6

Posted by Steve Swellander on Mon, 03/10/03 - 20:21:49.

It's great to finally get so much information on my guitar. I paid $500 for my NV-6 6 string in the early nineties, and it's weird that it seems to have gone down in value. I would never sell it anyway. I've played a few high ticket Taylors, Lowdens and Martins at guitar shops that sound somewhat better, but not significantly so. I play professionally quite a bit, mostly fingerstyle, and this is simply my favorite steel string guitar. I fell in love with it the day we met, and I don't desire another one. We're just an old couple!
I've sort of had my eye on a parlor guitar recently just for the cool size and shape, but the sound won't beat the Nouveau. It was an amazing buy in the early nineties, and apparently still is if you can find one.
If I ever lose it, I'll be an unhappy picker.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Nouveau NV-12

I came across and quickly purchased a NV-12 in very, very good condition. It is SN #7820847. The guy lived less than 15 miles from me (what are the chances).

Re: gibson nouveau NV-6

: I also have an Epiphone/Gibson NV-6. I purchased it in the late 80's or maybe 1990 for around $500. I'm told that it's one of the last Epiphones made in Detroit before production was sent to Japan. When I bought it, I knew very little about guitars--but I knew what I wanted a guitar to sound like. So, I went to several guitar shops in one day and played dozens of guitars in the $300-$1000 price range. I bought the NV-6 because, to me, it had the best (by far) sound of any guitar in my price range. I also love the look of the maple back and sides. I added a high-dollar pick-up that fits unobtrusively under the saddle. Unfortunately, learning to play guitar has been my life-long frustration. I just don't seem to have the aptitude (or the time) to get good at it. So, I have been considering selling it. Naturally, I was distressed to read in your post that the value had actually gone down. What would be the value of a little-played NV-6 in "like new" condition?

have gibson nouveau guitar

I have a very nice gibson model nv-6 # 7810826 with case I'm interested the worth of this guitar.
I know you will want photo's and will get them over the thanksgiving weekend.
Thank you,Wanda

: It's great to finally get so much information on my guitar. I paid $500 for my NV-6 6 string in the early nineties, and it's weird that it seems to have gone down in value. I would never sell it anyway. I've played a few high ticket Taylors, Lowdens and Martins at guitar shops that sound somewhat better, but not significantly so. I play professionally quite a bit, mostly fingerstyle, and this is simply my favorite steel string guitar. I fell in love with it the day we met, and I don't desire another one. We're just an old couple!
: I've sort of had my eye on a parlor guitar recently just for the cool size and shape, but the sound won't beat the Nouveau. It was an amazing buy in the early nineties, and apparently still is if you can find one.
: If I ever lose it, I'll be an unhappy picker.

: : When I posted my first response, I had not read the thread on "Nouveau." I guess I didn't make the connection initially because my guitar doesn't say Nouveau anywhere on it. On the head, it simply has Epiphone across the top in pearl inlay and vertically (between the tuning heads) it has Gibson, also in pearl inlay. The label in the sound-hole says Epiphone by Gibson and Model NV-6TM (hence the maple sides and back.) I learned a lot from reading the thread--thanks, all of you. I'm guessing that my guitar was not made in the US as I had been told but that's OK with me. What matters to me is the sound. That's what sold me on the guitar in the first place and I still love the sound as much as the day I bought it. Also, based on the very positive comments regarding the guitar (consistent with my experience) and the rather glum news regarding its value, I've decided to keep it. Who knows, maybe someday I'll have the time to learn to play it the way it deserves to be played. Thanks again to all of you for all the great information!!

Nouveau gibson acoustic guitar

I waz just wondering what thay got for these days the model # is NV-185 only 139 made

info.on.myguitar

i have a nouveau by Gibson acustic thers no style name id numbers 6811668 on the bridge there are numbers w a diamond symbol andnumbers434400.would like to know more about it.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.