silvertone amp

Advertisement
Posted by Jeff Krintz on Sun, 01/29/06 - 12:35:00.
In Reply to Guitars Etc

I had an old silvertone amp given to me along with a single pick-up hollow body, jumbo size acoustic guitar. Right now I'm looking for some info. on the amp. The control panel on the back says silvertone model 1344. It's a one twelve single channel guitar amp, that came with an extremely cool matching sure microphone.The amp has inputs for the mic as well as the guitar. The amp is covered in a maroon vinyl with a four inch silver stripe across the bottom of the cab. The sure mic is old style square with its own adapter attached, so the mic itself screws on to a stand. The mic is also the same color as the amp. The speaker has a narrow silver ring around it and the grill is a woven silver cloth. Very cool.Both the amp and mic seem to work o.k. but I'm sure the amp needs gone through. It's a little noisey, and not very loud at all. As I said before the amp says it's a model 1344 but I found a picture on vintage tube guitar amplifier ring.com, the page was sears amp gallery. The picture looks like the amp I have, but his serial num. says its a 1303. This amp is in wonderful condition. I'd say an eight out ten. I'd like to get it tuned up to use for practice at home or small gig. I would greatly appreciate any info. I could get. Thanks, Jeff

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Silvertone Model 1420 Guitar Amplifier Speaker

I have an old model 1420 Silvertone Amp with a ripped speaker no ohm rateing on it what should I replace it with?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.