Silvertone 1481 - age?

Posted by gn002 on Thu, 08/15/02 - 18:47:12.
In Reply to Guitars Etc

I have a silvertone 1481 amp - how can I tell when it was manufactured? The sereial number is 18510110.

Thanks, greg

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

age?

I have a Silvertone which is the copy of the Gibson SG.

the serial number is S1050602181. how old is it?

thanks bbdog

Re: Silvertone 1481 - age?

: I have a silvertone 1481 amp - how can I tell when it was manufactured? The sereial number is 18510110.

: Thanks, greg

I think that number is a chassis number. I have a 1481
and it also has 185.10110.
Good luck!

I've got a Silvertone 1481 that came with the Silvertone Jupitor guitar back in 1963. They were purchased at the same time if that helps you any....so you're looking at it being at least 42 years old...
Good luck to ya!

: : I have a silvertone 1481 amp - how can I tell when it was manufactured? The sereial number is 18510110.

: : Thanks, greg

: I think that number is a chassis number. I have a 1481
: and it also has 185.10110.
: Good luck!

:The serial number means nothing for dating this amp. I just bought one and I am going though the same search.

The best way to date them is based on the Pots or the Volume and Tone switch that you turn.

The pots for both have codes on the back of them. Based on the 4 digit code on the back of the pots you can determine the age.

For example mine had the numbers 6640 and 6645. This means "1966" and the 40th and 45th weeks of that year the pots were made.

An excellent source of information is the "Dating Vintage Guitars and Amps by Source-Date code". The above is from that article.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.