Re: Info on Silvertone Guitar

Posted by Sean F on Wed, 11/10/10 - 00:40:26.

: I have just bought a silver tone guitar and was told it was a mosrite model flamed maple with sunburst finish. Model number is # 26877 can anyone tell me what year it is from and any other information ! Thanks !

I found this on the interwebs

? Here's a sweet closet find. It's a Teisco-made 26877, which is the Simpson-Sears model number for the 1445. Sold in Canada, with a unique serif'd block logo, this is the earliest version of the venerable Japanese-made guitar, with the edge binding. The wood has some beautiful graining visible, but I've always wondered why Teisco aligned their 'bookmatch' with the neck pocket, rather than centering it. This fine twanger went for $565.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

model 26877

i have a 1969 silvertone model 26877 its in good condition just wonder what its worth (ballpark) :)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.