Re: Palm Beach Guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Sorry...it's Palm Beach not Springs on Mon, 06/23/03 - 14:44:30.

: Hi...I'm having a horribly difficult time trying to find information on this old guitar that I found at my parents place. It is a smaller guitar with "Palm Beach" at the top. The number inside is 3201H1075...Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Palm Beach

Just had mine brought back to life. My Dad bought it new by mail order in the mid 1940's and it was always around the house while I grew up. I think the model is Supertone, and they were built by Harmony/Stella for Sears. Best guess about the materials are birch back and sides with a maple top. What the luthier found amazing is that it hadn't disintegrated over the years. The neck could still stand a reset but it sounds and plays great, just nice to have an old familiar sound around the house again. Do a search for Supertone palm beach guitar and you might still find one that Elderly Music had for sale a while back.

Cheers,
-Eli.

Palm Beach Guitar

Im a little late for this i see, but i also have a palm beach guitar. I got it when my grandfather passed away. Its an old black wooden guitar and has palm beach written on it with a picture of a hawaiian beach/trees/hula girl

I cant find any picture of any guitar like it online.

Being in canada, the sears comment makes some sense though i guess

: : Hi...I'm having a horribly difficult time trying to find information on this old guitar that I found at my parents place. It is a smaller guitar with "Palm Beach" at the top. The number inside is 469381075..Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I too found an old palm beach guitar at the dump today and brought it home, there's nothing wrong with the guitar....somebody just getting rid of it i guess.....do you have any info on them?

Hi thar!
I have a Palm Beach Model Guitar, and I understand that it dates back to the mid 40's.
My Serial Number is 4591H928, so I'm thinking that these were made for mass distribution in Canada by Sears, Eatons, or the Bay.
If you find anything more about these, I'd love to know.
Regards!
Bert.

L: Hi thar!
: I have a Palm Beach Model Guitar, and I understand that it dates back to the mid 40's.
: My Serial Number is 4591H928, so I'm thinking that these were made for mass distribution in Canada by Sears, Eatons, or the Bay.
: If you find anything more about these, I'd love to know.
: Regards!
: Bert.

Hi Bert,

Could please send me a picture of your guitar?

Thanks,

Leon

i also have a palm beach guitar,and don't know much about it.It has the name nick manoloff on the metal piece above the frets.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.