Gibson Les Paul Vari-Tone 12 String?

Posted by Jeff Moses on Tue, 03/30/04 - 15:40:06.
In Reply to The Les Paul Forum

Hi all,
I have a Black 1981 Gibson (not Epi) Les Paul Custom Vari-Tone 12 String. I cannot find any info on this thing anywhere. Gibson has no records of building it but one senior gentlman in the shop said than he remembered building one 12 string with Vari-Tone control behind the tail piece and he thought he remembered it being a custom order the lead guitarist of Genesis. This is the real thing, a true Gibson, not an Epiphone or some knock off. The serial number is 82991520 12 1190. I can supply pics if anyone has any idea of where I can find info about this axe. I think it may be one of a kind as Gibson has guessed. If anyone has or has ever seen any live concert photos of Genesis in the early 80's in which Mike Rutherford has one one these strapped on, please let me know. Thanks all, Jeff

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Les Pauls with vari-tone

These things do crop up once in a while. I have a '77 les paul six string with vari-tone from the factory that I can't find any information on. Please let me know if you get a source for info.
gary

Re: Gibson Les Paul Vari-Tone 12 String?

Jeff,

Drop me an email. I may have some info for you, and I could
be interested in purchasing your 12 string if you had an interest in selling it. Thanks.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.