Cortez Electric

Advertisement
Posted by Gary on Fri, 06/06/03 - 13:22:34.

I own a Cortez electric with the serial # 709001. I know nothing about the Cortez line of electric. I know it was made I Japan, but nothing else. Anybody with a little history about Cortez or their electric line, wouldbe appreciated

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Cortez Electric

Around 1973, Cortez guitars factory in Japan was taken over by the former US importrs of Teisco guitars.....They made predominantly acoustic copies and graduated onto copies of well known American guitars....around 1978 they were also producing through neck copies (selling and rebranding them to other companies such as Arbor, Kay and Kawai before they left the factory.
Cort guitars (USA owned and designed) reermerged in a brand new Korean factory facility in 1980 and starting large scale production from that point.

Re: Cortez Electric

I am trying to find answers. I own a Cortez guitar from my dad. It looks like a les-paul but i dont know who makes the guitar.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.