A short note to let you know that I own a 1965 thinline hollow body Goldentone. There is no name on the headstock or series number, but looking at the two single coil elements and the Ibanez version of the Bigsby trem it is clearly an orange-coulored Ibanez 480 (copy of the Gretsch )with the words Goldentone engraved on the pickguard. I bought the guitar around 1972 in The Hague, and have tried to find the 1965 catalogue which you mention on your Ibanez Sixties Website, but which I for some reason or other can not reach.
The guitar model is similar to your images as below (but marked Goldentone on the pickguard and nothing on the headstock):
I am starting to play again and I am looking for more details about the ultimate Japanese origin of the guitar.
Could you help please?
- Re: 1965 Ibanez Goldentone.
- 1965 Ibanez Goldentone.
- rare Ibanez handcrafted by goldentone year 1964
- Re: EARLY 60'S IBANEZ model 884, 1st Ibanez electric?
- The Sixties Ibanez Page
- Re: Ibanez thinline
- The Vintage Ibanez Identification Book coming soon...........
- Ibanez roadstar 2 series guitar, 1985
- The Ibanez Vintage Page
- Re: i need adivse on Ibanez s7420