Ibanez Concord Model 699

Posted by Chris Koski on Thu, 05/20/99 - 20:52:40.
In Reply to Chris B's Music

Have an Ibanez as above over 20 years old. Just wondering what is the approximate value?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Ibanez Concord 699

If you are selling one I might be interested. I heard thes guitars sound pretty good

699 12

i have one im looking to sell in great shape barley played kept in a hardshell case the case is very nice aswell id sell with it make me an offer

Ibanez Concord 699

I have a 699s that I bought new in 1974. I wouldn't part with it for any amount of $$$. I'd have to spend thousands to get one that sounds as good to replace it. I haven't gigged with it much but have played it a lot at home and jamming with others. Everyone comments about how good it sounds. The blond wood on the top has darkened a little with age so it looks as pretty as it sounds.

If yours is anywhere near as nice as mine and you still have it up for sale, I wouldn't even think about taking anything less than $500 for the guitar alone.

concord

might be interested in your concord - i've heard they sound good
the most i'd spend is $200 since i've never played one

Re: Ibanez Concord Model 699

: Have an Ibanez as above over 20 years old. Just wondering what is the approximate value? all blond.

: Have an Ibanez as above over 20 years old. Just wondering what is the approximate value?
it is same as new.

According to the 2002 blue book in excellent condition almost $700. I am still trying to get an estimate on the value of my 699 12 string, can't locate that guitar anywhere (other than my closet)

699 rebuild

I am repairing my 74 699. Cracked bridge and warped face. I removed the bridge and the flattening is in progress. I can't seem to find an Ibanez replacement bridge. Any ideas? I bought this in HS new and want to get it back in playing shape.

Also looking to perhaps replace the tuning keys.

these are available on eBay in the 300.00-350.00 dollar range in excellent condition. I have 2, they are great guitars for the money.

This may sound a little crazy, but a few years ago i had to sell my ibanez concord model 699 due to financial reasons. So lately ive been trying to track it down. I live in baltimore maryland, so im thinking it didnt get too far. There is a quarter sized gouge on the left side by the neck and as far as i know, thats the only way i could ID it. If anyone knows someone with an ibanez concord purchased in baltimore MD, e-mail me id like to talk with you. This guitar was my moms and it would mean a lot to get it back.

I believe I have your ibanez concord 699

Mine fits the description. I bought it in maryland from a private seller.

: i think i have your guitar im getting ready to sell for 700.00 dollars i live in ohio truly amazing guitar.

: Have an Ibanez as above over 20 years old. Just wondering what is the approximate value?

I bought mine from my girl friend, now wife, for $250 in 1979. It has aged very well and sounds better now than it did then. I would not part with mine for less than $500. Then again, I will never sell this guitar as I expect it sound even nicer in another 25 years!

I have a 699 and could not put a value on it

I have one too. Killer guitar. Sold for $199.00 in 1978.

I don't understand all you guys! Or maybe somethin's wrong with me!! I Just got a 699 from my mom that she bought back in the mid 70's, she had never played it and the strings didn't need to be changed, and i thought It soundd terrible! Then again I may be wrong I don't know much about folk, guitars.

Man I don't know how you were playing it...lol. In my opinion it is the best sounding 6 string guitar that i've ever heard. My step -dad has one that his dad bought in the seventies and it sounds phenomenal. I think that yours may not have sounded as good b/c it was never played much. As a guitar ages and the more you play it, the better it begins to sound b/c the wood begins to change shape a bit and settle into a more natuaral state. That guitar is about the only 6 string that i would give up my 12 string for. My hat's off to ibanez.

P.S. does anyone know where i can find a used one in good shape, or something that sounds remotely as good....preferably something from around that time period. thanx guys.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.