Baby Martin guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Dave Levine on Tue, 09/10/02 - 12:50:01.
In Reply to Chris B's Music

I'm looking to sell a baby Martin guitar. The numbers inside are "5-18", and "63477". Anyone know what this guitar is worth?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Baby Martin guitar

: I'm looking to sell a baby Martin guitar. The numbers inside are "5-18", and "63477". Anyone know what this guitar is worth?

would like to purchase a 5 18 baby martin

Worth quite a bit if you still have it, it is pre-war, with a 1 3/4 nut, and a slot head, at least it should be if the serial number you gave is correct.Depending on condition there are two for sale at dealers right now for over $76K each. I am sure you do not have this anymore, hope you did well on it, looks like someone may have been looking to make some money on your lack of knowledge.

: I'm looking to sell a baby Martin guitar. The numbers inside are "5-18", and "63477". Anyone know what this guitar is worth?

I'm not sure I agree with the prior advice you received. I think the person may have confused your guitar with a Martin backpacker. The 63477 number is a serial number. Your guitar, if it is a Martin parlor guitar is very old and probably very valuable. Perhapvalued at several thousand dollars. If it's one of the newer backpacker guitars with a very narrow triangular shape, it's worth less than $200. Take it to a reputable appraiser for sound advice. If you email me a picture, I can get you an approximate value.

Baby Martin guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Baby Martin guitar

I saw a Baby Martin Guitar at the Kerrville Music Festival. They just don't have the same tonal quality of the bigger ones, but still sound pretty good. Martin is usually a higher priced guitar, but they discontinued the Baby due to tonal quality not being able to keep up to their reputation of sound quality. The one I saw was worth between #200 and $400 depending on condition. I do travel alot and have a baby Taylor (same problem with sound quliaty). I have someone who is looking to purchase a Baby Martin. Please let me know what you want for it and perhaps I can move it for you. Thanks: Lynn Fife info@evergreentech.net

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.