Gugino guitar

Posted by mike degiorgi on Sat, 05/24/03 - 07:09:50.
In Reply to Chris B's Music

I have an old archtop Gugino.A beautiful instrument with curly maple back and sides. I can't find much info about the maker, other than he apprenticed under D'Angelico and was responsible for some innovations in neck design. The guitar is around 70 years old and in excellent condition. Does anyone have any knowledge of this maker or the value of his instruments? Thanks

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

superba guitar

I have a 1967 superba guitar made in Italy is on the neck. Any information it's serial is 1016.

Re: Gugino guitar

My name is frank Gugino,it was my grandfather that made these guitars.Lately,there have been some interest in Gugino guitars.I have three examples of what he made,a guitar,a mendola,and a violin.I sent some info on "Carmelo Gugino" the maker to a Scott Froelich in Buffalo and to another gentleman I believe in the Chicago area. I will tell you what I know if you write me.

regards Frank a. Gugino Sr.

Gugino archtop

Hi Frank,

Just to let you know I recently purchased one of your grandfathers archtop.
see: www.dutcharchtopguitarmuseum.nl

Best from Holland,

Ruurd Feitsma

Gugino Superba Guitar

Mr. Gugino,

I have a Gugino Superba Guitar that belonged to the grandfather of my Mother-in-Law. It has the mother of pearl inlay and is in very good condition. Two pieces of inlays have fallen off on the neck, but other than that the guitar looks great. Do you know how much this instrument would be worth?

Thank you,

Kristen Crino

Just found this link that may help...http://www.topshelfmusic.com/oddball.html

Don't know much about the guitar however if you're interested in selling it, please let me know. I know a relative of Gugino and think it would make a perfect gift! I can be reached at...310-621-5928. Thanks!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.