Re: FRAMUS GUITAR

Advertisement
Posted by johanne godon on Sat, 08/16/03 - 20:44:07.

: : I HAVE AN OLD FRAMUS GUITAR. IT SAYS FRAMUS WERKE-BAVARIA. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS GUITAR.

hello i have one too says serial no:36475 model 5mg5 or could be 51795 if ever you got news from yours could you please inform me where i can get infos about it thanks in advance have a nice day

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

: : : I HAVE AN OLD FRAMUS GUITAR. IT SAYS FRAMUS WERKE-BAVARIA. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS GUITAR.

I've got one also that my brother-in-law got during vietnam while in Germany. He had loaned $200 to some guy who couldn't pay him back, so he gave him the guitar. Based on this info, I can't imagine that the guitar was worth at that time in Germany more than $300-$400. But I don't know the exchange rate at that time. All I know is that the guitar is really, I mean really great to play -- great action and great tone. It has a built-in pick-up which I haven't tested yet. I just got it from my in-law last week.

: : : : I HAVE AN OLD FRAMUS GUITAR. IT SAYS FRAMUS WERKE-BAVARIA. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS GUITAR.

I too have a framus. It is a Romanze 5/103 which I believe is the model. It is a tear drop shaped 6 string acoustic. I saw one on ebay just today for over $3,000 I was in shock! I am not sure how much I could sell it for if I wanted too, but I was just curious of it's worth. I would suggest you try to find the model number on the inside of the guitar and try looking it up that way if you can't try the serial number on the inside :)

: : : : I HAVE AN OLD FRAMUS GUITAR. IT SAYS FRAMUS WERKE-BAVARIA. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS GUITAR.

I have just been given an old Framus Accoustic which has seen better days. I was wondering if anyone out there knew of a Framus parts dealer from whom I could purchase a new neck from. The wear on this one is extrordinary and it is not worth having the neck re-built. Ideally I would like to rebuild it but cost is of course a consideration. Anyhow, please get in touch if any of you guys out there can help me. Thanks all, and bye for now.

: : : I HAVE AN OLD FRAMUS GUITAR. IT SAYS FRAMUS WERKE-BAVARIA. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS GUITAR.

I've got one also that my brother-in-law got during vietnam while in Germany. He had loaned $200 to some guy who coulodn't pay him back, so he gave him the guitar. Based on this info, I can't imagine that the guitar was worth at that time in Germany more than $300-$400. But I don't know the exchange rate at that time. All I know is that the guitar is really, I mean really great to play -- great action and great tone. It has a built-in pick-up which I haven't tested yet. I just got it from my in-law last week.

: I've got one also that my brother-in-law got during vietnam while in Germany. He had loaned $200 to some guy who coulodn't pay him back, so he gave him the guitar. Based on this info, I can't imagine that the guitar was worth at that time in Germany more than $300-$400. But I don't know the exchange rate at that time. All I know is that the guitar is really, I mean really great to play -- great action and great tone. It has a built-in pick-up which I haven't tested yet. I just got it from my in-law last week.

Hi there I have one of these guitars as well.
It's an arch top acoustic with a pick up in the bridge.
A small bodied guitar tobacco sunburst with a floating bridge, the label is still inside reading, 5/51, serial No 53277, 61M.
Can you give any more information about this beautiful little baby.
Vince

i bought a new framus after leaving vietnam, when i was stationed in Germany, i paid 95.00 U. S . which was like 380 deustches marken ( if my math is right i'm old give me a break )

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.