DEAN EVO, Premium...GOOD, BAD,???

Posted by Mike S in south GA on Fri, 01/12/01 - 19:21:07.
In Reply to Chris B's Music

I have been looking for a Gibson Les Paul and am limited on funds. I can't find a Les Paul "resonably" priced! I have looked at the DEAN line of EVO's and wonder if anyone out there has one of the "Premium" EVO models. Are they any good, do they have a "Les Paul" sound, good quality for the money?? Any help would be cool...Thanks Mike

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Dean EVO Premium Czeck made

I have had my honeyburst EVO Premium for about 8 years. It is a very finely crafted and beautiful instrument. It plays as well as any guitar I have ever played and is extermmely versatile sound wise. I would never part with it. ACM

Re: DEAN EVO, Premium...GOOD, BAD,???

I just found a Dean eVo Premium...Got home and played for hours...It absolutely Blows My Les Paul away which is a high end flame top...The eVo PREMIUM is hard to find. Both sound and quality is Better. I have 24 guitars from 1934 to 1991...I will be searching for more of them. Have to get the Czech made ones though....Peace

the dean evo premium is an amazing guitar. it is a modern and cheaper version of the les paul it is heavy and the push and pull split pick ups the symour duncan pearly gates add to the great sound and sustain of this beautiful guitar. i have the green one hand made in the czech republic good luck finding one

I just got one and I love it...It reaaly is made well and
juast screams. Very versatile too. Best deal out there.

: I have been looking for a Gibson Les Paul and am limited on funds. I can't find a Les Paul "resonably" priced! I have looked at the DEAN line of EVO's and wonder if anyone out there has one of the "Premium" EVO models. Are they any good, do they have a "Les Paul" sound, good quality for the money?? Any help would be cool...Thanks Mike

:I have owned several Gibson's including a 73 Les Paul Custom that I bought new, a 1978 flying V and currently own a Cherry Les Paul. I just bought a Dan Evo Premium. I stopped into a music store while in Scottsdale on business. I wanted to try out some amps. The guitar that looked to test the amp with that was closest to my Les Paul was the Evo Premium. I didn't buy the amp, but I bought the Evo Premium. First of all the craftsmanship is amazing. Secondly, it weighs more than my Les Paul, has waayyy better action (i.e., it has fatter frets that are great for hammer ons and pull offs and make for a very fast action). Lastly, it has Pearly Gate pickups (these are very very lively compared with stock Gibson humbuckers). It was the action and sound that sold me. Plus, it is just so darn beautiful. If this guitar was hand crafted by Americans instead of Eastern Europeans - who get paid a lot less - it would probably cost more than a Les Paul. And Eastern Europeans know a lot about making fine instruments. I can't recommend it enough. It is my favorite guitar (I am even considering selling my cherry Les Paul).

: I have been looking for a Gibson Les Paul and am limited on funds. I can't find a Les Paul "resonably" priced! I have looked at the DEAN line of EVO's and wonder if anyone out there has one of the "Premium" EVO models. Are they any good, do they have a "Les Paul" sound, good quality for the money?? Any help would be cool...Thanks Mike

Why don't U try an Epiphone Les Paul Custom ???
So Good!!!!!!!!!

I have the Dean Evo Special, which is all mahogany rather than maple, which is the premium. I have tried both and they both sounds great. I have silver cased humbuckers on mine, which gives a superb Les Paul sound. With the neck pickup able to be played as a single coil, you can also get a killer Fender strat sound out of it. Both Evo models only have single tone and volume contols, but you can get such a wide variety of sound out of the coil tapping features, it makes up for it. I hope this helps you out...I love mine!

I bought a Dean Evo FLame Top, and everyone says it's a great guitae. I like mine, but i can't use it till I finish paying for it, cause it's on layaway. $500 dollars, I can't wait for it!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.