Re: Ovation Model 1612 Made in Hartford approx. 1969-72

Advertisement
Posted by Rodney Savidant on Fri, 04/05/02 - 10:38:35.

: I have a Deluxe Balladeer Model 1612 That I have had and played every weekend and more in clubs since 1978. At the time of purchase I paid around $1200. CDN including the molded case. I am interested in finding out it's current value. It just keeps sounding better and better and no matter what NEVER goes out of tune! Please help me determine it's value...thanks

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

1969 Balladeer

:I have a question.....I'm looking at 1969 Balladeer and it has a two-toned colored head stock and its angled like a slash...... is this a repair or did Ovation do some 69 headstocks this way???

Head Stock

I have the same Model 1612 and yes the head stock was designed at a slight angle down in relation to the rest of the neck.
Hope this dissuades any questions about a repair which,by the way, would be extremely difficult to do, show no signs of the repair and have work. There is a tremendous amount pressure on the head stock and any repair would show after a time. Hope this helps.

Re: Ovation Model 1612 Made in Hartford approx. 1969-72

: : I have a Deluxe Balladeer Model 1612 That I have had and played every weekend and more in clubs since 1978. At the time of purchase I paid around $1200. CDN including the molded case. I am interested in finding out it's current value. It just keeps sounding better and better and no matter what NEVER goes out of tune! Please help me determine it's value...thanks

I have one ser#16100 triing to find out what it is worth plays and sounds wonderful/

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.