can someone help me out? i need some info on an ovation acousti

Posted by apryl on Sat, 07/14/01 - 15:34:18.
In Reply to Chris B's Music

my guitar is a roundback celebrity with the number CC68 on the inside. it's at least five years old, but i can't find information on it anywhere. i was told once that it was a very special guitar, but as the original owner passed away, i haven't the slightest idea how old it is or why it's so special. not one guitar shop in my town has been able to help me, so i've turned to the 'net in hopes that someone with a brain could give me a hand. thanks in advance.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: can someone help me out? i need some info on an ovation acoustic/electric

you can go to the ovation site www.ovationguitars.com
and click on the contact page to request info. i had an 800 phone # but i can"t find it now. i'll look around somemore for you. i have a 1991 collector's series, balladeer 25th
anniversary and i had wanted to get a value. anyway try the ovation site and if you want send me your email address to jambluesman@hotmail.com and if i find the 800# i'll send it to you.

As far as i know, you can get them for under $300. Ihtink they are pretty standard. The really special ovations are the Admas series. I have one. I'm sure yours is great- but as for value, it's a pretty inexpensive model.
Jae
: my guitar is a roundback celebrity with the number CC68 on the inside. it's at least five years old, but i can't find information on it anywhere. i was told once that it was a very special guitar, but as the original owner passed away, i haven't the slightest idea how old it is or why it's so special. not one guitar shop in my town has been able to help me, so i've turned to the 'net in hopes that someone with a brain could give me a hand. thanks in advance.

Its a discontinued modle...

I can tell you that I have one. I too have been trying to find out some info on it without much luck. I bought it new for about $400 around 5 years a go, I think. Not real sure though. Pretty good instrument though. Not the real cheap, cheap ovation, but not the really good one either. A nice middle of the road instrument.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.