Ernie Isley's guitar effects

Advertisement
Posted by Billye Davis on Tue, 07/25/00 - 22:33:12.

I've been a listener of Ernie Isley for many years.And I'm still amazed at his smooth tone,sustain and harmonics that he produces during his guitar solo's.Songs for example:Voyage to alantis(Go for your guns),life in the city(Winner takes all),and blue rose(Different drummer).If you have any idea which effects Ernie used for the type of sounds described above;please let me know a.s.a.p. Thank you!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Ernie Isley's guitar effects

: I have enjoyed Ernie's solos, once enjoyed him at the Strand (Long Beach) Ca. He awesome, I understand he learned from Jimi Hendrix as well. Hope to see him again soon.

hello to all,
wondering if anyone knows what effect ernie isly used on "that lady" sounds like a phase shifter with a heavy phase i have a phase shifter but it does not sound like that one
thanx

: hello to all,
: wondering if anyone knows what effect ernie isly used on "that lady" sounds like a phase shifter with a heavy phase i have a phase shifter but it does not sound like that one
: thanx Ernie is using a Big Muff fuzz & a Old maestro phase shifter. I have pictures of Ernie Isley set-up and I have also met him in person. one real down to earth cool dude.

Re: Ernie Isley's guitar effects w/ phone number

: I've been a listener of Ernie Isley for many years.And I'm still amazed at his smooth tone,sustain and harmonics that he produces during his guitar solo's.Songs for example:Voyage to alantis(Go for your guns),life in the city(Winner takes all),and blue rose(Different drummer).If you have any idea which effects Ernie used for the type of sounds described above;please let me know a.s.a.p. Thank you!

Ernie's phone number is 314 4346088

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Ernie Isley's guitar effects

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Ernie Isley's guitar effects

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.