Oscar Teller Guitars

Posted by Jon Williams on Fri, 03/19/04 - 12:40:30.
In Reply to Bluenote Music

I have a 1966 71B model Oscar Teller Classical guitar, that's in virtually 'mint' condition. I completed grades 1-9 with it, and did all my exams with it since I was 5 years old (my parents bought it from my guitar teacher when I was 10 years old - I'm 36 now Doh!). It's a truely wonderful instrument, fantastic tone, quality, and presence. Apparantly, my guitar teacher bought it from a guy in the BBC orchestra, he then used it to teach as his main instrument for 30 years+
Nice to see there's still some around, look after them!!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

teller info

all of you wondering about info on your teller guitars should send wolfgang teller an email and simply ask him. i emailed him a brief description of the model/serial numbers and date and a couple pictures and was able to find out my model 50 was finished march 9 1970 and was made of mahogany back and sides with a spruce top. it was made by horst teller (oskar's son). in 1970 it cost $234 american. it was purchased from a small music store in a tiny village in germany for my adoptive uncles older brother (this i already knew). anyway just google wolfgang teller guitars and you should be able to find his contact info at the bottom of his website. wolfgang is oskar's grandson.

I have an oscar teller 1974

I have an oscar teller 1974 model no 748 does anyone know how much it's worth please

Oscar Teller Guitar

I have an Oscar Teller guitar mod.33 1973 in good condition.
Does anyone know how much is worthy or suggest me where can I get some information about it?

Many Thanks

Oscar Teller

I have an Oscar Teller modell nr. 4/1, 1966, 66100417, for sale

Oscar Teller Guitar

I have an Oscar Teller Guitar made in 1966 model#411 . I would like to no if it has any value.The label inside also has this #661103114 on it. What does this mean?

Classical Oscar Teller guitar

Great guitar. Good structure, fine tonal woods, remarkable resonance, and balance. I own quite a few guitars in that category, and I rank it with Hopf classical. Both excellent (mine is a 1966) It's a very reliable guitar that shows substantial improvement in sound and tones as the wood ages. I would buy another one if I find it.

Oscar Teller guitar

I have an Oscar Teller guitar Modell nr. 81P anno 1970 made in West Germany nr. 701207
It still sounds great.
Is it a rare instrument. Please e-mail me
greetings from the Netherlands
Nico

Re: Oscar Teller Guitars

I bought an Oscar Teller from my guitar instructor in 1986. It is a mid sixties model... I loved the way it sounded and played. I passed it on to my son who has it now... It is one of the best sounding guitars I have ever played at any price. I saw one on ebay the other day for $1,430

I have an Oskar Teller "Tellson" dated 1963, still in good order and now played by my son. Is this a rare instrument?
It came originally from my wife's side of the family, and she used to learn on it when she was a teenager.

: I have an Oskar Teller dated 1949,model no 24 .still in good order Is this a rare instrument?
:

I have a Oscar Teller from 1973 nº55 model to sell...
I live in Portugal.E-mail jconde@zapp.pt.

I have a Oscar Teller from 1973 nº55 model to sell...
I live in Portugal.

I have a Oscar Teller from 1973 to sell...
I live in Portugal.

: I have a 1966 71B model Oscar Teller Classical guitar, that's in virtually 'mint' condition. I completed grades 1-9 with it, and did all my exams with it since I was 5 years old (my parents bought it from my guitar teacher when I was 10 years old - I'm 36 now Doh!). It's a truely wonderful instrument, fantastic tone, quality, and presence. Apparantly, my guitar teacher bought it from a guy in the BBC orchestra, he then used it to teach as his main instrument for 30 years+
: Nice to see there's still some around, look after them!!
Hi
Are sure your guitar is a 71B? I have a 7/P. The 7 series was
7/A = side and back Maple.
7/M = side and back Mahogony.
7/P = Palisander ( Indian Rosewood).
Jared

I have a Oscar Teller guitar, classical guitarfrom 1976. I switched for an old mandolin years ago. It was almost thrown into my neck. What is a guitar like that worth today?

Oscar Teller model 3 made in 1970

The Oscar Teller model 3 made in 1970 was a wedding present I purchased for my wife Barbara when we were married in January 1971. It was purchased from a music shop in Karlsruhe W Germany.

Contact us if you wish to hear more.

: I have a Oscar Teller guitar, classical guitarfrom 1976. I switched for an old mandolin years ago. It was almost thrown into my neck. What is a guitar like that worth today?

I have a classical Oskar Teller guitar from 1957 - it has a wonderful and rich tone - now I have to get one with cutaway - so I wondered what this '57 could be worth.

Oscar Teller

Hello! I have an Oscar Teller from 1972, model numer 50 and I want to sell it. How much should I get for her and where should I sell it?

Oscar Teller model number 5 (1941)

Hello, im looking for any kind of information regardign my classical guitar Oscar Teller number 5, anno 1941 serial number 410924.

Thanks in advance

J,ai une guitare Oscar

J,ai une guitare Oscar Teller, modele 411/1966, serie 66100417, made in West Germany.Excelent acoustique. Bien conserve. Prix 2400 euro.e-mail: vanyaimalvina@yahoo.com

Classical Oscar Teller guitars

I have a 1966 Oscar Teller (I can't read model number), a 1971 O.T. Nr. 740, and a 1971 O.T Nr. 61P. They all have great sound, with clear and well balanced tones. I've played many classical guitars, high end ones and others. No matter what, these guitars surpass most others in excellence. I find it very difficult putting a dollar value on them. I don't know if other people share this experience as well. Please tell me what you think.

Oscar Teller Guitar 4 sale

Our second-hand-shop which is based on donations recieved an Oscar Teller guitar lately, Type 65, of 1970. its a classical guitar an has, after being restored by a wonderful guitar builder, its original wonderful and rich-bodied sound.
We, as a social institution, thought of a price of approx. 700 €uro following Mr. Teller´s advice to charge "Not less than 800 €uro" .If there is any interest, contact me by andals@web.de

Re: Oscar Teller Guitar 4 sale

I am interested if the instrument is still available. I can be contacted on drledders@hotmail.com

i have a oscar teller guitar from 1970 modell: 22 and there is another number: 700724. my question is what is the value on a guitar like this?

Same for me : i've got an oscar teller guitar from 1970 modell: 22 with the number: 701028.
Anyone as an idea of this guitar's value ?
Thanks
lclause at freesurf.fr

: i have a oscar teller guitar from 1970 modell: 22 and there is another number: 700724. my question is what is the value on a guitar like this?

J,ai une guitare Oscar Teller, modele 3/1969, serie 691113, made in West Germany.Excelent acoustique. Bien conserve. Prix 2500 euro.Tel.
0040.741.690.777. Mon adresse>Ioan Cristofor Filipas, str. Episcop Ioan Bob nr. 11,ap.3, Cluj/Napoca, Roumanie.

I have a '71 Oscar Teller Model 61H that we picked up at a vintage music store near North Texas State University (a big music school in the USA) 10 years ago.

Year by year, the more I play it, the more I am impressed by the clarity and richness of it's tone.

I have no idea what it is worth...nobody here seems to know the worth - but has the same questions I do about the value of Oscar Teller classical guitars.

Does anybody know how to go about getting it appraised?

Oscar Teller 745 acoustic guitar

I have an Oscar Teller 745 from 1979 for sale for 1200 euro. Excluding shipping from Holland. The guitar is in excellent condition.

: I have a '71 Oscar Teller Model 61H that we picked up at a vintage music store near North Texas State University (a big music school in the USA) 10 years ago.

: Year by year, the more I play it, the more I am impressed by the clarity and richness of it's tone.

: I have no idea what it is worth...nobody here seems to know the worth - but has the same questions I do about the value of Oscar Teller classical guitars.

: Does anybody know how to go about getting it appraised?

Hi, I started an Oscar Teller group on Yahoo Groups http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/oscar_teller_guitars/

Jared

: : I have a '71 Oscar Teller Model 61H that we picked up at a vintage music store near North Texas State University (a big music school in the USA) 10 years ago.

: : Year by year, the more I play it, the more I am impressed by the clarity and richness of it's tone.

: : I have no idea what it is worth...nobody here seems to know the worth - but has the same questions I do about the value of Oscar Teller classical guitars.

: : Does anybody know how to go about getting it appraised?

: Hi, I started an Oscar Teller group on Yahoo Groups http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/oscar_teller_guitars/

: Jared

can somebody tell me more about my oscar teller guitar, it is fas two number inside 1282 en 746
we want to sell it, but if I read this it looks like a collectors item
where can i get moor information ?
joke

Re: Oscar Teller Guitar7/A made in 1963

I have a 1963 OT konzert Gitarre, model 7/A (or 71A?).
It plays well with a terrific bass response.
Value?? Who knows? If it's a collector's item, over £1000. But, there again, no one seems to know anything aboout them!!

Oscar Teller Classical circa 1964

: I purchased an Oscar Teller Classical when in high school. It was made in 1964. Not sure of the model but it is all rosewood except for the sound board. Does anyone know if the
rosewood is from Brazil, or is it from elsewhere? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Oscar Teller Classical circa 1964

: : I purchased an Oscar Teller Classical when in high school. It was made in 1964. Not sure of the model but it is all rosewood except for the sound board. Does anyone know if the
: rosewood is from Brazil, or is it from elsewhere? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Just found the model number is 61A.

Teller guitarre

Wolfgang Teller
Gitarren- und Zitherbaumeister
Dorfstraße 26
D-91077 Neunkirchen am Brand/
Großenbuch
Tel. 09134-5979
info@teller-gitarren.de

Re: Oscar Teller Guitar7/A made in 1963

: I have a 1963 OT konzert Gitarre, model 7/A (or 71A?).
: It plays well with a terrific bass response.
: Value?? Who knows? If it's a collector's item, over £1000. But, there again, no one seems to know anything aboout them!!
THE ANSWER: BUILT BY HORST TELLER, COSTING 300 DEUTSCHMARKS IN '63.
NOW WORTH ABOUT £750.

I have two Oscar Teller classical guitars, and 1970 model 45 and a 1964 61P(?) that were given to me. They sound great and play well. George Gruhn (ggruhn@atiba.com) in nashville, tennessee will tell you what your guitar is worth if you send digital photos and pay $25.00. I have used his service twice but not for the Teller guitars; not yet anyways. Does anyone have the history on Oscar Teller Guitars?

: I have an Oscar Teller classical guitar which I bought in Ludwigsburg Germany in 1967. Made in '66' (Model # is fuzzy on label). Wouldn't give it up for anything. Any info on history, values, etc. forwarded would be appreciated. Thanks

This handmade guitars are still being build, not anymore by Oskar, but by Wolfgang Teller.
For their history, have a look at their site: http://www.teller-gitarren.de/
Note: the name is osKar and not OsCar.
My type (a 746 N) is stiil being build.
Jan

: I have two Oscar Teller classical guitars, and 1970 model 45 and a 1964 61P(?) that were given to me. They sound great and play well. George Gruhn (ggruhn@atiba.com) in nashville, tennessee will tell you what your guitar is worth if you send digital photos and pay $25.00. I have used his service twice but not for the Teller guitars; not yet anyways. Does anyone have the history on Oscar Teller Guitars?

I am a new beginner in playing guitar, i have been playing drums for 20 years but stopped, and now i want to play guitar, i got an old fender copy (Wester) eletric guitar, i used many hours to fix it up new paint and more, so i made a deal with a guy, he got my Wester and i got his old OSCAR TELLER MODEL 4 1968,
I think i will get a good start on my guitar playing :-) and i will take care of it for shure,
PS: my first projekt is to learn to play "stairway to heven" with my daughter, who playt the flute (11 years)
thats was all, i understand that Oscar teller is a guitar you have to take care of, right... ? :-)

<<Does anyone have the history on Oscar Teller Guitars?>>
I bought an Oscar Teller while living in Austria in 1969. The Oscar Teller had the finest sound of any guitars I had ever heard, and that was why I bought it I knew nothing then about the guitars reputation. I still have the guitar today and it sounds better than ever.

I went back to Austria in 1996 and kept my eyes opened for any music shops that still sold the Oscar Tellers. I found one but it was closed, The guitars displayed were pricey: About $800.00 and up. My cost $79.00 in 1969 but I wouldn't part with it for any price (although it is now mostly played by my son who is a much better guitarist than I am.)

I have an Oscar Teller guitar that my father bought my sisyer in 1968 model no 5. She gave it to me and I am interested in knowing its value.

: I have an Oscar Teller guitar that my father bought my sisyer in 1968 model no 5. She gave it to me and I am interested in knowing its value.

Comment from Denmark:

My Oscar Teller is model no 4. from 1968, I traced it with a rebouild fender strat copy (wester).

Anyway i think is a littel fun about our guitars,
model 4 and model 5.
I got it here i 2005, i a wery nice condition.

Do you got anyclues aboutthe estamated price for a guitar like this, i'm living in denmark, 100 km ,from Gremany's boarder.

regards. mads h h madsen, Denmark.

: : I have an Oscar Teller guitar that my father bought my sisyer in 1968 model no 5. She gave it to me and I am interested in knowing its value.

: Comment from Denmark:

: My Oscar Teller is model no 4. from 1968, I traced it with a rebouild fender strat copy (wester).

: Anyway i think is a littel fun about our guitars,
: model 4 and model 5.
: I got it here i 2005, i a wery nice condition.

: Do you got anyclues aboutthe estamated price for a guitar like this, i'm living in denmark, 100 km ,from Gremany's boarder.

: regards. mads h h madsen, Denmark.

Hallo,leider kann ich nur in deutsch antworten.
Ich habe Interesse an der Gitarre und würde
aber gerne ein Foto haben.
Bitte nennen sie mir den genauen Preis.

MfG Mario Pastore, Frankfurt. Germany

Oscat Teller Model 5

I was stationed in Germany in the city of Wurzburg in 1970. I bought an Oscar Teller Model 5 guitar for DM 250.00
Here in the United States, the name is not well known and prices are depressed for that reason. Since you are in Denmark, it may be easy for you to contact Duesser's Musikhaus in Wurzburg. They know much more about the value of these very fine guitars.

Just take a look at http://www.teller-gitarren.de.
Wolfgang Teller can tell you the worth of your Guitars and it´s for free.

Sammy

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.