Wabash Guitar

Posted by Karla Thurmon on Tue, 10/10/00 - 21:54:23.
In Reply to Bluenote Music

Hi.. I have an old Wabash Guitar that my dad bought used back in the 50's. The guitar has a small, slender neck and the sound holes are on the sides of the body of the guitar. I'd like to find out any information on how old it could possibly be and possible value. Anyone with any information please email me at APhoenix7@AOL.com

Thanks..
Karla Thurmon
Corpus Christi, TEXAS

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Wabash guitar

I have a Wabash guitar in I would think good condition. It has a black case. Do not know what model or year it was made. Can anyone tell me where to find a model number or help in identify this guitar?

wabash guitar amps

I have an old, small Wabash tube amp that I got back in the early 70's. I have never seen another and can't seem to find much info on them on line. Anyone out there that can tell me a little about them?
Thanks.

Mark

Re: Wabash Guitar

I bought a wabash new in 1964; it was an 'archtop' with 2 "f" hoes as opposed to the more common flat-top guitars with a single round center hole. I have no idea what they're worth today and your post is the first and only place I've ever heard of them since I gave mine away in the early seventies - an act I regret deeply! If you're interested in selling yours, e-mail me a price.

BTW, mine had 2 tiny red & white flames painted near the bridge - I just mention that in case we're talking about the exact same guitar!

I have a Wabash 12 string guitar but the strings down by the sound hole are about 1/4" away from the frets.I was told that all I need to do is turn the rod that runs down the neck by using the allen headed screw that is located inside the sound hole to bring the string closer down to the frets. Before I try that I was wondering if there was a certain technique you would recommend so I don't screw anything up?After I do that I would put new strings on.

Don't turn in any direction more than half way and then very slowly. If it doesn't want to go any farther then quit. Or risk breaking the rod. If the neck is badly warped this probably wont help much. But, a combination of turning the rod, and filing the nut may. Good luck.
: I have a Wabash 12 string guitar but the strings down by the sound hole are about 1/4" away from the frets.I was told that all I need to do is turn the rod that runs down the neck by using the allen headed screw that is located inside the sound hole to bring the string closer down to the frets. Before I try that I was wondering if there was a certain technique you would recommend so I don't screw anything up?After I do that I would put new strings on.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.