Fender F-15

Posted by Mike on Fri, 08/31/01 - 23:04:25.
In Reply to Bluenote Music

Hello,
I Cant seem to find a listing for a Fender (F-15 5 String Acoustic) I recently just had a new bridge put in and it had to be custom made because they do not make them anymore. (Costed $120cdn) If anyone knows if this Guitar is worth sompthing or where i could look it up on the net I could really use some info. mikem@odyssey.on.ca

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

year and value

I have fender F-15 acoustic I have put a 3 band EQ pre amp with battery pack and a volume knob just below the saddle for easy access when playing .
this is after owning just about any guitar ever built is my favorite the action is at 1/32 bridge to nut and is a fantastic sounding instrument .

the sir. # 160975 can you tell me the year and value i gig with this and record in the studio

Re: Fender F-15

My F-15 was my dad's since about 90'. It was my learning guitar in 97' and I still play it daily. It may not be a collectors prize but I m still in love with it. great jamming guitar with surprising tone. Switched machine heads in 02'. would like to get info of manufacturing year and loc. serial# 7812926 its cool to see the various f15 owners out there

Just bought an F15. Trying to figure out the year and possible value. Serial number F7802870. Sounds very nice!

: Just bought an F15. Trying to figure out the year and possible value. Serial number F7802870. Sounds very nice!

It dates from Feb. 1978 (F7802XXX) made in japan... value if mint approx. $225.00

My Fiance has a Fender F-15 we have found on the label it is stamped Japan and only info i can find is they were made from 1972-1979. But there is no serial number, and it is near impossible to find its value, or a website to find the value or more info. Any Help is Greatly Appreciated.

I have the F15 I was given in 1973 by my parents. It was my second guitar - the first was cheap and nasty. It still sounds crisp and clean. Easily played beginners guitar - my 8 year old daughter is now learning on it. It was imported by Fender from Harmony in Japan. Fender list on their reference site as being available from 1973 - 1981 for $170. Despite their good reputation and great playing qualities they haven't appreciated in value like Starts and Tellies.
As mentioned by someone else hey did have enclosed tuning heads. If yours does not it may be a copy BUT fear not they had a nasty habit of working loose and were often replaced by owners in the 80's for different design.
Enjoys its small bodied playing qualities for what it is - a good simple and easily played guitar - that's what it was made for.

Purchased on EBAY a "Fender" F-15 w/ pearl inlays. I have been getting a lot of grief lately regarding it's authenticity. I removed the front plate at the head stock to reveal the truss rod BUT...the tuners are not sealed at the rear of the head! I have been told that all Fenders of this vintage have sealed tuners. I understand that there were a lot of Indonesian copies made...is there a way to distinguish??? PS> inside of the body are the numbers 700373.

Well, i guess i was so luck got this guitar! Fender F-15!! I collect, buy and sell all Fender Electric guitars and month ago i bought this baby from a moving sale for $15.00! looks very good condition for 30 year old guitar and sound so bluesy! I am learning bottle neck slide with this one. I felt like robert johnson with mojo. told this was owned by a lady who tried to learn but never started. now it has a new life and it begins with me.! i am so happy with this guitar and still stays #1 in my collection whatever it has collectors value or not.

:yah i have a fender f-15,i got it at my cottage.it wasnet being played at all for probably like 24 years,its bridge is cracked,i think they all have similar problems,but it is a great sounding guitar and it does lok a bit small

i bought an f-15 in nairobi, kenya, in about 1973. it cost 1300shillings, which was about $130 australian. i've been playing it pretty regularly since then and it's still in good shape. still sounds as snappy as it always did. i've got to get it refretted though.

My dad gave me an F-15 he purchased in the early seventies when I was twelve. I have been teaching myself to play it for ten years now. It is nice to see others are enjoying the same instrument. Last night it broke. It was a wonderful guitar and I wish it was still functional.

:hi,, my dad gave me his steel string f-15 that he bought in the '70s. had to get the bridge glued down and replace the machine heads ($70) but it sounds great. everyone who picks it up reacts to it with pleasure.
F-15s both steel string and classical were produced in japan by harmony from 1969 to 1979. in 1973 they dropped the screws in the pickguard and went to a martin style 'teardrop' pickguard. also in '72 the headstock got knotched.
that's all i know and some of it may be wrong. they seem small. 3/4 sized?
anyway they have no real value collector-wise but are great for informal playing.

Hi
I have had the Fender F15 for 13 years given to me from a family member who never really played it.What a great guitar for apartment jams or camp fires.
I do have a problem now with the 6 string key, seems to have come lose from the socket.The bridge has also cracked and I am on the search for a new one.....
The F-15 sounds really nice with a higher guage string ,I find a get a really nice lead sound from it, while playing with a second guitarist.Well it is nice to hear others also enjoy with well crafted instrument.

Hi,
My name is ryan and i have had a fender f-15 for 5 years now i bought it off a man who said the guitar had been appraised at 200- 250 dollars canadian.

I have an F-15 I bought new in 1977 for about $120. It has a sticker on the headstock that says "Made in Japan". I have played it steady with almost no adjustment since 1977. I did have some fret work done on the 2nd fret a few years ago for a cost of about $20 at at local luthier. Other than that it has been a solid stage guitar, with a mid range tone and ok action up to about the 12th fret. The neck is still straight and the finish looks barely worn although it has been played almost daily for 25 years. Not a great guitar, but ok for jamming and the occasional playing out.

: Hello,
: I also have a fender f-15 6 string steel string i found it comes in a classical model too called the f-15 but have yet to get info.

hello,,i have a fender f-15 in very good condition. i purchased it in 1981 and am curious as to it's current value..where can i find out?

Besides the F-15's worth. Does it sound good?
How would you rate the overall sound?

Let me tell you something. thats true whatever it cost whatever how old, it sound much better than newly made Fender Acoustic, Stratocoustic ones. if you can find or have one, compare with Stratocoustic at guitar center. Stratocoustic sucks.

: : Hello,
: :Found a couple it said they were introduced in the 1970s to 1979 when they were discontinued approximate value today I would guess $100-$200 depending on shape.also apparently harmony made these for fender it is as far as i can tell made in japan

I can't answer your question but I also have a Fender F-15 acoustic (~late 70's) and am having a lot of trouble finding any info on anywhere too.

: Hello,
: I Cant seem to find a listing for a Fender (F-15 5 String Acoustic) I recently just had a new bridge put in and it had to be custom made because they do not make them anymore. (Costed $120cdn) If anyone knows if this Guitar is worth sompthing or where i could look it up on the net I could really use some info. mikem@odyssey.on.ca

try this site

http://www.usachoice.net/pastel/Musicac9.HTM

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.