Takamine Flying-V

Posted by Haden on Wed, 07/10/02 - 23:24:07.
In Reply to Bluenote Music

I have a 1983 Takamine Flying-V ACOUSTIC/electric... Model # EA360 with hardshell case in GREAT condition!!!!! WHAT IS IT WORTH????

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Takaminie EA-360 Acoustic Flying "A' Guitars.

I happen to have two of these cool guitars. They were purchased Directly from Kaman Music in 1983. They are NEW OLD STOCK. One in Red and the other in Blue. I had the third one in dark grey/black. It was sold over 25 years ago for $300.00 to an inmate at Donovan State.
The remaining two have lived rotated from the one case to my office wall in bimonthly rotation.
I am StevO , I own a multiple generation Family owned Ma & Pa Brick n' Mortar Type of Music Store in SanDiego, CA.
The store originated in 1952. We grew to 5 stores in the 70's and 80's. The Great Olde Music store heydays.
Or, should I say hay DAZE...
We would attend the Winter Namm Shows in Aneheim, CA and would purchase entire Vendor Booths. This one year, we purchased the entire Takaminie / Ovation Booth. These guitars were part of the deal. They are so cool.
At first they would not release them and sell them When your spending 50k, I guess that made the difference..But why not better tuning machines?? Covered gears???
Check out the photos at www.apex4me.com
StevO

Takamini ea360

I have one of these that I would like to sell that is in beautiful condition!

Re: Takamine Flying-V

: I have a 1983 Takamine Flying-V ACOUSTIC/electric... Model # EA360 with hardshell case in GREAT condition!!!!! WHAT IS IT WORTH????

I have the same thing. It's pretty rare, from what I dug up in on the web I found a couple things:
http://www.music-plus.de/Acoustic_Guitars/acoustic_guitars.html
EA 360: VEE style, rare: 1550.-;

and

http://books.dreambook.com/zemaitis/z_man.html
I have the Takamine EA-360 Flying "A" also ,same story as yours the shop in Fullerton (back in '85 couldn't get rid of it so I bought it for a decent price.
There were only 800 of these made for the US and European markets - I have only seen a few som were black red and I think blue but I sure like the natural spruce rosewood better

Considering the fact that I bought it for $350, I'd say I got one hell of a deal!

I am wondering if you sold your flying A yet? I aslo have one and its red. I paid $280.00 for it back in 89. I seen one on ebay a few days ago for $1900.00

: I am wondering if you sold your flying A yet? I aslo have one and its red. I paid $280.00 for it back in 89. I seen one on ebay a few days ago for $1900.00

I have one fro sale if interested

Tak ea-360

Is any Takamine EA-360 still for sale?

I have read your guys reponse!! I also have a 1983 blue Takamine acoustic/ electric and am considering selling it.. I would also like to know how much it is worth?

: I have read your guys reponse!! I also have a 1983 blue Takamine acoustic/ electric and am considering selling it.. I would also like to know how much it is worth?

I put mine on ebay for 3 days and was offered $950

: I have read your guys reponse!! I also have a 1983 blue Takamine acoustic/ electric and am considering selling it.. I would also like to know how much it is worth?

I put mine on ebay for 3 days and was offered $950

I saw in a pawn shop a Black And Orangy-Red Striped Takamine ELECTIC guitar...flying v or a or something...i wanna know if its a fake or the real thing, i never thought takamine made electrics.... its a weird shape...smaller type of V thingy, yeah so if anyone could help out...would be nice...oh yeah and its got Floating bridge and......i dunno..it wasjust weird...

: : I have a 1983 Takamine Flying-V ACOUSTIC/electric... Model # EA360 with hardshell case in GREAT condition!!!!! WHAT IS IT WORTH????

: I have the same thing. It's pretty rare, from what I dug up in on the web I found a couple things:
: http://www.music-plus.de/Acoustic_Guitars/acoustic_guitars.html
: EA 360: VEE style, rare: 1550.-;

: and

: http://books.dreambook.com/zemaitis/z_man.html
: I have the Takamine EA-360 Flying "A" also ,same story as yours the shop in Fullerton (back in '85 couldn't get rid of it so I bought it for a decent price.
: There were only 800 of these made for the US and European markets - I have only seen a few som were black red and I think blue but I sure like the natural spruce rosewood better

: Considering the fact that I bought it for $350, I'd say I got one hell of a deal!

: I saw in a pawn shop a Black And Orangy-Red Striped Takamine ELECTIC guitar...flying v or a or something...i wanna know if its a fake or the real thing, i never thought takamine made electrics.... its a weird shape...smaller type of V thingy, yeah so if anyone could help out...would be nice...oh yeah and its got Floating bridge and......i dunno..it wasjust weird...

:
: : : I have a 1983 Takamine Flying-V ACOUSTIC/electric... Model # EA360 with hardshell case in GREAT condition!!!!! WHAT IS IT WORTH????

: : I have the same thing. It's pretty rare, from what I dug up in on the web I found a couple things:
: : http://www.music-plus.de/Acoustic_Guitars/acoustic_guitars.html
: : EA 360: VEE style, rare: 1550.-;

: : and

: : http://books.dreambook.com/zemaitis/z_man.html
: : I have the Takamine EA-360 Flying "A" also ,same story as yours the shop in Fullerton (back in '85 couldn't get rid of it so I bought it for a decent price.
: : There were only 800 of these made for the US and European markets - I have only seen a few som were black red and I think blue but I sure like the natural spruce rosewood better

: : Considering the fact that I bought it for $350, I'd say I got one hell of a deal!

I bought one from my oldest guitar shop buddy back in '92. All the guys owned it for a while, then sold it back to the store. I paid 250 for it with the original hardshell case from Takemine. It stays in tune for a long time, and has always played well. The action is damn good but the tone is a bit tinny due to the lack of space in the body. I'll die before I sell it. It's spruce and rosewood with nice detailing.

Re: Takamine Flying-V is a Flying-A

anyone want to sell there flying-A. These things are funny looking but cool.

Re: Takamine Flying-V is a Flying-A

: anyone want to sell there flying-A. These things are funny looking but cool.

I have a black Flying A for sale. Can be contacted at leonard3878@aol.com
Ciao,
Leonardo

I've got an EA-360. I bought it new at a music store in Portland, Oregon in 1985. It's electric blue in color. It still plays great. I remember that it hung on the wall, unpurchased, for a long time. I made the owner of the shop an offer. It's been my signature axe ever since. There's a photo of it (while I was on tour in Japan) on my My Space page (Casey Nova, Willamina, Oregon). I've written 800 songs (700 bad, 100 good) on this "Floating V." It's still being played live. I will die with this axe in hand. Well, perhaps not literally.

Last known retail value: Guitar Center Hollywood $1700 2003

Its Four year later and I still have my flying "A" so it turns out its called. I put it on ebay about three years ago and it went up to $1200.00 I passed . Ill keep it until its pushing $2000.00

:Turns out its called a "Flying A" I still have it. I put it on ebay and got offers of about $1100.00 Ill hold on to it untillits worth $1500-$2000

I have that 'weird' guitar...takamine flying A elctric bought in 1987 ...am wondering what it's worth...???

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.