Oskar Teller classical , Model 619 "1964"

Advertisement
Posted by Michael Fermil on Wed, 07/17/02 - 21:54:06.
In Reply to Bluenote Music

Does anyone have any knowlege as to the value of this model? It's a well made German classical guitar that I found at a flea market.It's been well taken care of and it plays and sounds great.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

G.S.B Vintage Coffin Guitar Case

My boss just came across an old guitar case. Has the G.S.B. printed label on the back. Its black with the coffin look. I found 1 on ebay, but I would like some info on this. 39inch long 5/1/2 inch deep. Has brass handle with old skeleton key lock. I couldnt find much info on it.
Tracy

Oscar Teller guitars

I firmly believe that Oscar Teller guitars are guitars that have received
no exposure in the U.S., and their prices reflect a growing trend for an
increased exposure now days, with a very high potential for price increase.
I suggest not to sale yourself short when selling. If you bought it at a
low price it's advised to keep in mind its potential. They are great
guitars. I am a collector of a variety of vintage guitars, and the Oscar
Teller are without doubt among my favorites. Great construction that
transcends generations, best choices of precious tonal woods, which lead
to sensitive and versatile sounds and styles. Congratulations if you own one.

Re: Oskar Teller classical , Model 619 "1964"

: Does anyone have any knowlege as to the value of this model? It's a well made German classical guitar that I found at a flea market.It's been well taken care of and it plays and sounds great.

No info on yours, but I have an "Oscar Teller" c. the same age. Very nice story behind it too. My late father accepted it as a payment for building a stone fireplace in a customers house c. 1962!! The inside label is too faded to read the model no. and year, but it reads ( 11 to 1 clockwise) "OSCAR TELLER" and ( 10 to 2 anti-clockwise) "MEISTERWERKSTATTE IM GITARRENBAU". It was played by my eldest brother for 20 years or so and I have had custody of the family heirloom for the last 20 years!! It still sounds beautiful, albeit looking the worse for wear. I have considered buying a replacement but cannot find anything on the market to match it's tone for less than £1000.
Please let me know if you find anything about the maker. The value is inconsequential because I would never let her go!! I suspect you won't either if you play.

Paul Gregory
Huddersfield, England

I have an Oskar Teller dated 1962 its a model 6p with solid Rosewood back and sides and spruce top i

: : Does anyone have any knowlege as to the value of this model? It's a well made German classical guitar that I found at a flea market.It's been well taken care of and it plays and sounds great.

: No info on yours, but I have an "Oscar Teller" c. the same age. Very nice story behind it too. My late father accepted it as a payment for building a stone fireplace in a customers house c. 1962!! The inside label is too faded to read the model no. and year, but it reads ( 11 to 1 clockwise) "OSCAR TELLER" and ( 10 to 2 anti-clockwise) "MEISTERWERKSTATTE IM GITARRENBAU". It was played by my eldest brother for 20 years or so and I have had custody of the family heirloom for the last 20 years!! It still sounds beautiful, albeit looking the worse for wear. I have considered buying a replacement but cannot find anything on the market to match it's tone for less than £1000.
: Please let me know if you find anything about the maker. The value is inconsequential because I would never let her go!! I suspect you won't either if you play.

: Paul Gregory
: Huddersfield, England

: : Does anyone have any knowlege as to the value of this model? It's a well made German classical guitar that I found at a flea market.It's been well taken care of and it plays and sounds great.

: No info on yours, but I have an "Oscar Teller" c. the same age. Very nice story behind it too. My late father accepted it as a payment for building a stone fireplace in a customers house c. 1962!! The inside label is too faded to read the model no. and year, but it reads ( 11 to 1 clockwise) "OSCAR TELLER" and ( 10 to 2 anti-clockwise) "MEISTERWERKSTATTE IM GITARRENBAU". It was played by my eldest brother for 20 years or so and I have had custody of the family heirloom for the last 20 years!! It still sounds beautiful, albeit looking the worse for wear. I have considered buying a replacement but cannot find anything on the market to match it's tone for less than £1000.
: Please let me know if you find anything about the maker. The value is inconsequential because I would never let her go!! I suspect you won't either if you play.

: Paul Gregory
: Huddersfield, England

I also recently aquired an Oscar Teller guitar at a flea market. I believe it is a 1966 model but the label is difficult to read. I have tried extensively to find information on this guitar I spoke via email to a luthier, cant remember his name, but he said that at best they are some second rate guitar for students. I love mine and all who have heard it play have never heard such a distinctive sound. I also was in contact with Richard Smith who plays one and he appears to be a pretty good guitar player. He says that for playing jazz, his is the best guitar he has ever played.

Re: Oskar Teller classical , Model 619

Oskar Teller classical , Model  619

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Oskar Teller classical , Model 619

Oskar Teller classical , Model  619   "1964"

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Oskar Teller classical , Model 619 "1964"

discription: (11-1)"oscar tayler" (2-10)"meisterwerkstatte im gitarrenbau"
"modell nr:3" (the 3 is writen with a pen) "anno:1968" (1968 writen with a pen as well)
it has a drawing of an old man playing a mandolin or some other instrument.
it also has the dealers label: "Peter B. Pedersen"

soory
year:1968 not 86

:i too have a oscea tayler guitar i got from my mother.
model nr: 3 year:1986 i dont think that the model nomber makes sence if its true it makes her one of the first models which is prety cool. any way its in a very good shape and i play on it all the time, but i too would like to know its worth.

The Teller-family is still making acoustic guitars
and Zithern in South-Germany.

http://www.teller-gitarren.de/vorgestellt/oskar.htm

I wonder if the model might be 61p rather than 619. I bought a 61P in 1966 from Burdon's of Whitechapel, London for the princely sum of about £26. I had not really expected to keep it for more than a few months as I am not much of a musician but nearly 40 years later I still strum now and then! I invested in a hard case and my 61P is in excellent condition apart from some drying of the seams. I believe the back is not rosewood as suggested but maple. I have an introductory guitar tutor (Collier, by Frederick Noad) in which the Oskar Teller is mentioned in the same breath as Tatay and Martin; that is good quality without being a classic. BTW No. I won't sell mine either. It has a wonderful rich tone.

: The Teller-family is still making acoustic guitars
: and Zithern in South-Germany.

: http://www.teller-gitarren.de/vorgestellt/oskar.htm

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.