Ventura V235S & Ventura V14 acoutics

Posted by Philip on Fri, 02/14/03 - 11:40:13.

I recently bought a Ventura V35S, which is a copy of a Gibson Dove in red sunburst. I absolutely love this guitar, it is a LOUD, very warm & rich sounding acoustic, & it is a beautiful copy of a Dove guitar. Also I bought this past week a Ventura V14, essentially a Martin D-28 copy. Anyone out there have a V14 ? I have not received mine yet, it is in shipment but just wondered if anyone else has a V14 or V235S, I would like to hear your opinion. These guitars will probably never be worth very much, most imports are not highly valued, but the Ventura guitars I have personally played & own have all been excellent sounding & playing instruments & they are also nicely crafted, beautiful instruments. I have picked up some big name guitars like Martin & Gibson & played them & they sounded like crap. Just because a guitar has a famous name doesn't always mean it is going to sound good. There are plenty of big name guitars out there that sound crappy. I buy for TONE, playability & looks. The vintage Venturas are some of the best acoustics around with all these qualities.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

ventura bruno v14

i also have a ventura bruno v-14 know nothing about it but would like to know wht its worth ...someone wants to buy it .it is model # 48610...the neck on it looks like it was cracked but they repaired it tho u can easily tell...any info would help...thanks

Bruno V-14

I have had two Brunos- the first had been taken in trade by my dad for auto repair services. in the early 60's, I worked in a shop that finished gun stocks and forearms, so I put a nice walnut finish on it. I carried it around in my 59 Volvo P-544 and unfortunately had it stolen. In the 80's I discovered a Bruno with Ventura labeling at a flea market in Newfane, Vermont. It was missing the bridge and had been sitting in the hot sun, probably many times, so the finish on the soundboard is cracked. As I walked away, the vendor said "5 bucks", so I took it home, put on a bridge, nut and strings. I was pleasantly surprised at the sound, but the action is great. The neck is narrower than my Martin's, and the fingerboard is arched, good for my small hands. It is also heavier than my Martin, perhaps why it doesn't have great volume, but I love it!
Bob

Re: Ventura V235S & Ventura V14 acoutics

I have owned a Ventura V-14 since early 1978 and it plays just as good today as it did when my father bought it for me new, I would never think of getting rid of this guitar as it sounds and plays wonderful.

Hi,
I have a pretty old Ventura v-14 and it is in mint condition.....it is a beautiful guitar.....I haven't played it in a very long time but just decided to get back into it....
An old boyfriend gave it to me for Christmas back in the 70's....Holy crap, I guess both the guitar and I are almost vintage!!!
I was just wondering what it might be worth these days.....not that I want to let it go....just wondering....I does have a really great sound for sure....
nice talking to you.....Q

Your Ventura V14

Sue,

Do you still have this Ventura V14 and do you want to sell it?

Thanks,
Wayne

Re: Ventura V14 acoutics

Anybody out there who knows how much does a ventura v 14 cost?

Ventura V-14

I got one also and I saw one on Ebay for $400.00 just today .

Re: Ventura V14 acoutics

I just bought an v13 at an auction for $60. But the guitar has a 3/4" by 1 1/2" cutout between the bridge and the pick guard. Why would someone make that type of cut?

: Anybody out there who knows how much does a ventura v 14 cost?

: I recently bought a Ventura V35S, which is a copy of a Gibson Dove in red sunburst. I absolutely love this guitar, it is a LOUD, very warm & rich sounding acoustic, & it is a beautiful copy of a Dove guitar. Also I bought this past week a Ventura V14, essentially a Martin D-28 copy. Anyone out there have a V14 ? I have not received mine yet, it is in shipment but just wondered if anyone else has a V14 or V235S, I would like to hear your opinion. These guitars will probably never be worth very much, most imports are not highly valued, but the Ventura guitars I have personally played & own have all been excellent sounding & playing instruments & they are also nicely crafted, beautiful instruments. I have picked up some big name guitars like Martin & Gibson & played them & they sounded like crap. Just because a guitar has a famous name doesn't always mean it is going to sound good. There are plenty of big name guitars out there that sound crappy. I buy for TONE, playability & looks. The vintage Venturas are some of the best acoustics around with all these qualities.

I have v-14 I bought about 12 years ago at a pawn shop for $100.00 with case. I accidentally ran over it and broke the neck at the second fret, It did not break the fretboard so I glued it back and it is still the sweetest sounding and playing guitar Ive played and I recently bought an $800.00 Seagull artist series and the ventura sounds much better. I'm sure you have yours by now, let me know how it plays. Kevin ( khgassen@valornet.com )

: : I recently bought a Ventura V35S, which is a copy of a Gibson Dove in red sunburst. I absolutely love this guitar, it is a LOUD, very warm & rich sounding acoustic, & it is a beautiful copy of a Dove guitar. Also I bought this past week a Ventura V14, essentially a Martin D-28 copy. Anyone out there have a V14 ? I have not received mine yet, it is in shipment but just wondered if anyone else has a V14 or V235S, I would like to hear your opinion. These guitars will probably never be worth very much, most imports are not highly valued, but the Ventura guitars I have personally played & own have all been excellent sounding & playing instruments & they are also nicely crafted, beautiful instruments. I have picked up some big name guitars like Martin & Gibson & played them & they sounded like crap. Just because a guitar has a famous name doesn't always mean it is going to sound good. There are plenty of big name guitars out there that sound crappy. I buy for TONE, playability & looks. The vintage Venturas are some of the best acoustics around with all these qualities.

: I have v-14 I bought about 12 years ago at a pawn shop for $100.00 with case. I accidentally ran over it and broke the neck at the second fret, It did not break the fretboard so I glued it back and it is still the sweetest sounding and playing guitar Ive played and I recently bought an $800.00 Seagull artist series and the ventura sounds much better. I'm sure you have yours by now, let me know how it plays. Kevin ( khgassen@valornet.com )

I own a V14 Ventura. I have had it since I was 13 years old. I bought it used in Arkansas City, Kansas, in 1970.
I can tell you that it has been a wonderful guitar over the years. Many, many, campfires. Tone is loud, and amazing to this day. Still one of my favorite guitars to play, I just don't use it on stage. Made in Japan, it has to come real close to sounding, and playing, as well as any Martin D28. I will never get rid of it, tis my old friend!

V-14

I bought a Ventura V-14 in 1976 and it was about $275.00 back then. It was on the rack with other guitars like Gibson and Martin. I reached for the brand names and played them, then picked up this V-14 and played it and I loved the sound. I bought it because it sounded better than the other guitars I played. Back then a lot of my friends were playing Epiphones,Yamahas and Gibsons. I almost went with a brand name, but chose wisely. I recently was in a recording studio, working on a song and the producer asked me if I was playing a Taylor!

hey, i know this is a while after the original...but i also have a v-14. i actually stumbled upon your post while trying to look up a value for it. i personally love it. i bought it off a neighbor for $90 which is way less than it's worth i'm sure. i would love to find out more about this guitar too, but it's not easy...heh. but anyway, i think it's a great guitar.

I bought a Ventura Martin dreadnaught copy back in '77, brand new. It is a GREAT guitar, sounds as good as many (but not all) Martins I've played. I will NEVER sell it. It has a solid top, Brazilian roswood fretboard, and Abalone inlay. When I had a pickup installed in '97, the luthier tried to buy it off me for $300 -that means it's probably worth a lot more. I have played a Ventura 12 string that didn't sound good, so not all Venturas are not great.

I am searching for more information on my V-14.
My serial number is 20179.
Does that indicate when it was made?
Thank you in advance if you have info.

ventura v 14

mine came from my uncle. there are some features that i think have been mofified. does anyone have a picture of one. mine does not have pegs to hold the strings and the nut at the head stock looks a little strange.

Yo! fun...
i like it :)
John
<a href="http://www.toshain.com">painting</a>

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.