Ventura V-16

Posted by Jim on Wed, 04/23/03 - 10:44:26.

A few weeks ago I had my Ventura V-16 12 string guitar appraised (insurance stuff). I purchased this guitar in 1973, and have loved every year with it. Well, the guitar store appraised it at $550.00, and then offerd to buy it for a little more.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Ventura Bruno V16 12 string

Just bought this guitar this morning at a yard sale for $5 .
Serial number is 52640 .
It seems to be in decent shape other than missing the first 2 strings.
I really don't know a thing about it.
If anyone can give me any info at all , I would appreciate it .
Thanks Tim

V-16

Scrolling forward a few years - In the UK I have bought one of these on Ebay for £80/$120 . Serial 91722.
Open D to save the neck. Overall great condition, but top is showing very slight warping around the bridge.
Even so - Love IT!

Re: Ventura V-16

Hello Jim,
I have a V-16 and I'm trying to figure the age of it. I know you purchased yours in 1973. Would you mind giving me the serial number so that I can compare.
Thanks,
Daniel

: Hello Jim,
: I have a V-16 and I'm trying to figure the age of it. I know you purchased yours in 1973. Would you mind giving me the serial number so that I can compare.
: Thanks,
: Daniel

Helo Daniel,
I'm also a Dave who has a V-16 (Serial #41363) I bought from a friend in Bakersfield in 1972. On a cross beam inside my guitar its stamped 0620, which I suppose is the production number. What does yours say?
Dave :)

: : Hello Jim,
: : I have a V-16 and I'm trying to figure the age of it. I know you purchased yours in 1973. Would you mind giving me the serial number so that I can compare.
: : Thanks,
: : Daniel

: Helo Daniel,
: I'm also a Dave who has a V-16 (Serial #41363) I bought from a friend in Bakersfield in 1972. On a cross beam inside my guitar its stamped 0620, which I suppose is the production number. What does yours say?
: Dave :)

: : : Hello Jim,
: : : I have a V-16 and I'm trying to figure the age of it. I know you purchased yours in 1973. Would you mind giving me the serial number so that I can compare.
: : : Thanks,
: : : Daniel

: : Helo Daniel,
: : I'm also a Dave who has a V-16 (Serial #41363) I bought from a friend in Bakersfield in 1972. On a cross beam inside my guitar its stamped 0620, which I suppose is the production number. What does yours say?
: : Dave :)

I have a V-16 purchased in 1977 serial # is 90873 says Designed in America , Crafted in Japan . Only 12 string I have ever owned, and it has seen a lot of use! - still stays in tune nice harmony. I have had a couple of musician friends tell me that they are impressed how good it sounds as the brandwas considered a "cheap guitar" ( I think paid about $175 for it new back then which was a lot of money to a 19 year old!)

I have a V-16 purchased in 1977 serial # is 90873 says Designed in America , Crafted in Japan . Only 12 string I have ever owned, and it has seen a lot of use! - still stays in tune nice harmony. I have had a couple of musician friends tell me that they are impressed how good it sounds as the brandwas considered a "cheap guitar" ( I think paid about $175 for it new back then which was a lot of money to a 19 year old!)

Hi Daniel,
I have a Ventura V-16 12 string that I purchased in December 1969 from a guitar store in Bellingham, WA. The serial # is 41367. I hope this helps.

I have a VENTURA V-16 12 string that I bought in Dallas in 1973. I have always kept it tuned in D instead of E to save the stress on the neck. I have not played it in over five years & I took it out & it was still in great tune. Nice deep bass notes. Better than the Gibson I had before this & not as good as a great Guild I played once. Good tone as the Guild , but not quite the great action. Great "campfire" guitar.
-Dave

: I have a VENTURA V-16 12 string that I bought in Dallas in 1973. I have always kept it tuned in D instead of E to save the stress on the neck. I have not played it in over five years & I took it out & it was still in great tune. Nice deep bass notes. Better than the Gibson I had before this & not as good as a great Guild I played once. Good tone as the Guild , but not quite the great action. Great "campfire" guitar.
: -Dave

I also own a Ventura V-16 (Serial #41363) which I bought from a friend back in 1972. I've always loved the sound of a 12 string, and it was my very first guitar. I replaced the tuning gears with mini-Shallers, everything else is original. I love its sound and wouldn't part with it. Dave:)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.