Ventura V-16

Posted by Jim on Wed, 04/23/03 - 10:44:26.

A few weeks ago I had my Ventura V-16 12 string guitar appraised (insurance stuff). I purchased this guitar in 1973, and have loved every year with it. Well, the guitar store appraised it at $550.00, and then offerd to buy it for a little more.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Ventura V-16

Hello Jim,
I have a V-16 and I'm trying to figure the age of it. I know you purchased yours in 1973. Would you mind giving me the serial number so that I can compare.
Thanks,
Daniel

: Hello Jim,
: I have a V-16 and I'm trying to figure the age of it. I know you purchased yours in 1973. Would you mind giving me the serial number so that I can compare.
: Thanks,
: Daniel

Helo Daniel,
I'm also a Dave who has a V-16 (Serial #41363) I bought from a friend in Bakersfield in 1972. On a cross beam inside my guitar its stamped 0620, which I suppose is the production number. What does yours say?
Dave :)

: : Hello Jim,
: : I have a V-16 and I'm trying to figure the age of it. I know you purchased yours in 1973. Would you mind giving me the serial number so that I can compare.
: : Thanks,
: : Daniel

: Helo Daniel,
: I'm also a Dave who has a V-16 (Serial #41363) I bought from a friend in Bakersfield in 1972. On a cross beam inside my guitar its stamped 0620, which I suppose is the production number. What does yours say?
: Dave :)

: : : Hello Jim,
: : : I have a V-16 and I'm trying to figure the age of it. I know you purchased yours in 1973. Would you mind giving me the serial number so that I can compare.
: : : Thanks,
: : : Daniel

: : Helo Daniel,
: : I'm also a Dave who has a V-16 (Serial #41363) I bought from a friend in Bakersfield in 1972. On a cross beam inside my guitar its stamped 0620, which I suppose is the production number. What does yours say?
: : Dave :)

I have a V-16 purchased in 1977 serial # is 90873 says Designed in America , Crafted in Japan . Only 12 string I have ever owned, and it has seen a lot of use! - still stays in tune nice harmony. I have had a couple of musician friends tell me that they are impressed how good it sounds as the brandwas considered a "cheap guitar" ( I think paid about $175 for it new back then which was a lot of money to a 19 year old!)

I have a V-16 purchased in 1977 serial # is 90873 says Designed in America , Crafted in Japan . Only 12 string I have ever owned, and it has seen a lot of use! - still stays in tune nice harmony. I have had a couple of musician friends tell me that they are impressed how good it sounds as the brandwas considered a "cheap guitar" ( I think paid about $175 for it new back then which was a lot of money to a 19 year old!)

Hi Daniel,
I have a Ventura V-16 12 string that I purchased in December 1969 from a guitar store in Bellingham, WA. The serial # is 41367. I hope this helps.

I have a VENTURA V-16 12 string that I bought in Dallas in 1973. I have always kept it tuned in D instead of E to save the stress on the neck. I have not played it in over five years & I took it out & it was still in great tune. Nice deep bass notes. Better than the Gibson I had before this & not as good as a great Guild I played once. Good tone as the Guild , but not quite the great action. Great "campfire" guitar.
-Dave

: I have a VENTURA V-16 12 string that I bought in Dallas in 1973. I have always kept it tuned in D instead of E to save the stress on the neck. I have not played it in over five years & I took it out & it was still in great tune. Nice deep bass notes. Better than the Gibson I had before this & not as good as a great Guild I played once. Good tone as the Guild , but not quite the great action. Great "campfire" guitar.
: -Dave

I also own a Ventura V-16 (Serial #41363) which I bought from a friend back in 1972. I've always loved the sound of a 12 string, and it was my very first guitar. I replaced the tuning gears with mini-Shallers, everything else is original. I love its sound and wouldn't part with it. Dave:)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.