ventura v-6

Posted by brian on Mon, 03/08/04 - 17:56:48.

I GET THIS V-6 IN A pawn shop in 1972. i like to know when it was made? it's is a v-6 serial # 63170 .

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

My Old Ventura

My first guitar was a ventura acoustic 6 string ( Christmas present)1968. I have no idea what the model was but I really loved that guitar. Before I knew what the adjustable truss rod was for (was a big mystery to me), I thought the neck was just gone....useless. I traded it to a music store in 1978. I'd know that guitar if I ever saw it again. There was a paint bristol left behind an the upper bout side (we thought they may have hand painted the guitars). There was also a red scratch ...maybe 1/2 " long on the lower bout face (I think I got mad at my little brother and was chasing him out of the room while I was practicing). Every time I go to a pawn shop, That guitaR is always in the back of my mind. Last week, I found a V-6. The strings were old and rusty, the ssaddle was cracked ...but the neck looks supurb. I'm real excited about getting it back to playing order. I intend to keep this one and keep looking. Thanks for posting this forum.

Re: Ventura Bruno Model V-6, s/n 53835

I bought my Ventura Bruno, a new guitar,in 1965 from my father-in-law, who owned a music store. I'm trying to trace info on it. I have no idea when it was manufactured nor where. I have kept it in a case over the years and it looks great.

: I GET THIS V-6 IN A pawn shop in 1972. i like to know when it was made? it's is a v-6 serial # 63170 .

Re: ventura v-6

I was in the Army in 1975 at Ft. Hood TX. One of the guys in my unit was going to go AWOL and needed some money. I bought his V-6 (SN 84628) for $25. I now have 3 Strats, A Hagstrom Swede, an Ovation double neck and a few Ibanez guitars. But when I just want to play or if I`m trying to figure out a song I always go back to the Ventura. Very easy action and a sweet full sound. If you check Ebay you'll find them once in a while selling for next to nothing but don't let the guitar snobs fool you. I wouldn't even consider selling mine.

My first guitar was a ventura v-6 serial 48824. It was a gift from my grandmother when i was in the 6th grade. It sounds as good as my father-inlaw's 1965 gibson. I'd like to know what one is worth, but a man's first guitar is priceless.

I have a V-6. It was given to me as a birthday present from my girlfriend in 1977 or 1978. She purchased it new from Progressive Music in Kalamazoo, MI. As I recall, she paid $150 for it. The label says, Ventura, Fine Fretted Instruments, Serial # 48850, designed in USA, built in Japan.

: I have a V-6. It was given to me as a birthday present from my girlfriend in 1977 or 1978. She purchased it new from Progressive Music in Kalamazoo, MI. As I recall, she paid $150 for it. The label says, Ventura, Fine Fretted Instruments, Serial # 48850, designed in USA, built in Japan.
Hi BigJack, I just bought a Ventura Model # V-6 on, July 9, at a pawn shop with a serial no. close to yours. My Serial # 49298, designed in USA, built in Japan, same as yours. I bought it on the spur of the momment kinda thing, finally giving into a lifelong dream of learning how to play a guitar. Anyway, I was hoping that maybe you had got some feedback, or info. on yours, and if you could please let me in on your findings? Mine is actually in good shape, already had new steel strings on it, and I bought it for
$ 50.00 even. I'm not sure if I got took or, got a good deal, being I don't know a thing about guitars. A friend of mine, that knows how to play, said it has good sound to it, but he's not familiar with the brand. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, John

: Hi BigJack, I just bought a Ventura Model # V-6 on, July 9, at a pawn shop with a serial no. close to yours. My Serial # 49298, designed in USA, built in Japan, same as yours. I bought it on the spur of the momment kinda thing, finally giving into a lifelong dream of learning how to play a guitar. Anyway, I was hoping that maybe you had got some feedback, or info. on yours, and if you could please let me in on your findings? Mine is actually in good shape, already had new steel strings on it, and I bought it for
: $ 50.00 even. I'm not sure if I got took or, got a good deal, being I don't know a thing about guitars. A friend of mine, that knows how to play, said it has good sound to it, but he's not familiar with the brand. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, John

Hi John,
I don't know what the actual value of the V-6 is, but I know that mine is priceless to me. My father bought it for me in 1980, when I first started learning to play, on the advice of my uncle, who is a professor of classical guitar at UNC Chapel Hill. At the time I know we payed more than $250 for it. Given that was 25 years ago, and out of all the guitars I've owned over the years, it still has the best sound to my ears, though they may be slightly biased by loyalty and nostalgia, I would say that you got more than a good deal for your $50. Just thought I'd let you know...

Heather

I don't know how much it is worth Brian, but when my girlfriend's grandpa passed away he gave her his guitar which was a Ventura V-6(serial #48000). I've been playing on it and i'd like to know how much it is worth, and what year it was made because it does not say on the guitar.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.