Conn Guitar Model C10

Posted by mikey g on Fri, 01/19/07 - 23:32:24.
In Reply to Real Guitars

How much is this thing worth? How old is it?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Conn Guitar Model C10

I am sure it has been forever since anyone posted here and I don't know if anyone will even get anything out of this post, but here is what I can tell you about the Conn C-10 Acoustic guitar (I've had mine for about 10-11 years)

The top of the guitar is I think spruce and the sides and back are made of a wood called oplaca wood (according to harmonycentral.com)the model was made from the mid 60s to mid 70s and has aged quite well. They were orignally nylon string classicals, but I can tell you (however I do not recommend anyone else doing this) that I put a set of steel 11's on mine and let me tell you....it is quite simply the greatest acoustic blues guitar I have ever had my ears on....I am not kidding, the old c-10s age so incredibly well that so long as it has no major damage you should snap up anyone of them that you can get your hands on....yes they are cheap now (much like the old 3 pipckup airline guitars of the mid-60s were in the mid 90s) but let me tell you, once the secret gets out that you can pick up a very well made, easy to play, beautiful acoustic with a HUGE HUGE HUGE yet mellow sound that really gives you that old school 1930 blues and bluegrass feel to it...and in most cases for under $200....yeah....I'll take that...the C-10 is the ULTIMATE in bang for the buck as far as vintage acoustics go...a great instrument that has gotten so much better with age it is incredible

Conn Classical Guitar

I recently purchased a Conn Classical guitar model C7 Ser#74060043. Does anyone have any info on this guitar? The only model close numerically is a C10 that I can get any information on.

40 Years Old

My Aunt has a CONN C10 and since she knew I play guitar, she let me hang on to it for a while. She bought it used for $75 only because the person who sold it to her was moving and couldn't take it with her. So my Aunt ended up with it and has had it for 40 years! It really has aged wonderfully and although I have only had it a short time, I'm very happy with its performance, minus a little bit of fret buzz on the low E string. Very nice, however, and I would recommend getting one if you ever come upon it.

Re: Conn Guitar Model C10

thank you for posting that info about the conn c-10. Iv had mine for 8 or 9 years now and have been wondering how old it was and what the wood was. i found it under a friends bed and he sold it to me for $15 the only thing i had to replace were the tuning hardware. this guitar sounds amazing and is the most durable guitar you can have.

Re: Conn Guitar Model F 9

I just bought a Conn F 9 Guietar serial # 39780756 any body know any thing about them? The guy I bought it from got it at a pawn shop : The top of the guitar is I think spruce and the sides and back are made of a wood called oplaca wood (according to harmonycentral.com)the model was made from the mid 60s to mid 70s and has aged quite well. They were orignally nylon string classicals, but I can tell you (however I do not recommend anyone else doing this) that I put a set of steel 11's on mine and let me tell you....it is quite simply the greatest acoustic blues guitar I have ever had my ears on....I am not kidding, the old c-10s age so incredibly well that so long as it has no major damage you should snap up anyone of them that you can get your hands on....yes they are cheap now (much like the old 3 pipckup airline guitars of the mid-60s were in the mid 90s) but let me tell you, once the secret gets out that you can pick up a very well made, easy to play, beautiful acoustic with a HUGE HUGE HUGE yet mellow sound that really gives you that old school 1930 blues and bluegrass feel to it...and in most cases for under $200....yeah....I'll take that...the C-10 is the ULTIMATE in bang for the buck as far as vintage acoustics go...a great instrument that has gotten so much better with age it is incredible

Andy,
I have had an F-9 #39761892 since I was 13. I am now 32 and I still love this guitar! Yeah its got some wear, I have taken the best care possible to keep it nice. I have asked the same question everyone else has and recieved "I dunno" like everyone else. My uncle is a huge guitar man and said exactly what you said about the wood in them. That I know is correct. I would assume these were made in the 1970's early. I really don't know too much about them other than they are the best sounding thing I have played!!! I have friends who have 1000 dollar guitars that want to play mine cause of the sound. I will keep looking!

I paid $650.00 for this guiatr new back in 1976, it is a great guitar. I guess CONN makes fine pianos and other wooden instruments. I wish I still had it, I sold it back in 1990 for $700...

: Andy,
: I have had an F-9 #39761892 since I was 13. I am now 32 and I still love this guitar! Yeah its got some wear, I have taken the best care possible to keep it nice. I have asked the same question everyone else has and recieved "I dunno" like everyone else. My uncle is a huge guitar man and said exactly what you said about the wood in them. That I know is correct. I would assume these were made in the 1970's early. I really don't know too much about them other than they are the best sounding thing I have played!!! I have friends who have 1000 dollar guitars that want to play mine cause of the sound. I will keep looking!

: Hi, Andy. I have an F9 (SN 39761559, made in Japan) that my father bought original for my mother before I was born (I'm 33). She never played it, and I've had it since I was about 14. I've played and heard nice acoustics, Taylors and what have you, some valued in the thousands, that don't have the beautiful warm tone of this guitar. It is absolutely the only acoustic I care to play. I'm not sure what kinds of woods are used (oplaca? Will look into that, thanx), but it has held up beautifully over the years. Only very recently it has become in want of a very slight truss rodd adjustment, and a tiny bit of string buzz tells me I should probably replace the bridge piece. Beyond that, it has been a joy to play. I think my dad said he gave about $150 for it, right around 1970 or so. I've always wanted to know something about its value but could never find anything. A few years ago I even contacted a researcher who was compiling a catalog of information about Conn instruments, and never heard back. Doesn't matter, because I don't plan to ever part with it. Mine has acquired a few nicks and scratches, particularly on the back, but overall it is in fabulous condition. Will follow up this post shortly with links to a few pictures. Thanks for your post, Andy, nice to know someone else out there shares my passion for this exquisite instrument.

:
: I just bought a Conn F 9 Guietar serial # 39780756 any body know any thing about them? The guy I bought it from got it at a pawn shop : The top of the guitar is I think spruce and the sides and back are made of a wood called oplaca wood (according to harmonycentral.com)the model was made from the mid 60s to mid 70s and has aged quite well. They were orignally nylon string classicals, but I can tell you (however I do not recommend anyone else doing this) that I put a set of steel 11's on mine and let me tell you....it is quite simply the greatest acoustic blues guitar I have ever had my ears on....I am not kidding, the old c-10s age so incredibly well that so long as it has no major damage you should snap up anyone of them that you can get your hands on....yes they are cheap now (much like the old 3 pipckup airline guitars of the mid-60s were in the mid 90s) but let me tell you, once the secret gets out that you can pick up a very well made, easy to play, beautiful acoustic with a HUGE HUGE HUGE yet mellow sound that really gives you that old school 1930 blues and bluegrass feel to it...and in most cases for under $200....yeah....I'll take that...the C-10 is the ULTIMATE in bang for the buck as far as vintage acoustics go...a great instrument that has gotten so much better with age it is incredible

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.