1962 Harmony archtop- model 1213... Neck adjustment?

Posted by Matt Grimes on Thu, 12/13/01 - 09:38:34.

Anyone know how to adjust the neck and/or set intonation on vintage
guitar ('62 Harmony archtop- mod. 1213)?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: 1962 Harmony archtop- model 1213... Neck adjustment?

: Anyone know how to adjust the neck and/or set intonation on vintage
: guitar ('62 Harmony archtop- mod. 1213)?

Hi,
I just got done doing a repair on my 1213.
To do the intonation you just manually move the bridge. If the harmonic at the twelveth fret is lower in pitch than the fretted note at the twelveth fret, slide the bridge away from the neck.
As for the neck, they are non adjustable. Mine was cracked at the 14th fret, so I took the neck off and epoxyed it as straight as possible. There is still a little bend around the 4th or 5th fret. You would pretty much have to take the fingerboard off with some kind of steam hydrator and either install an adjustable truss rod or replace or repair the "steel reinforcement".
Mike Weeks

Re: 1962 Harmony archtop- model 1213... Neck adjustment?

: Anyone know how to adjust the neck and/or set intonation on vintage
: guitar ('62 Harmony archtop- mod. 1213)?

I have one and the only things you can set up is the nut and the bridge. You can take the nut off by usig a blowdryer to heat it and the glue will come lose then you pull it off, you can sand the bottom but don't screw with the slotswhere the strings go. The bend in the neck can only be fixed by the pros, beause it has no truss rod

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.