Re: Changing Battery in Ovation

Posted by Tim Doolittle on Thu, 07/04/02 - 11:51:36.

: How do you change the battery in the electronics for an Ovation 1768 Elite? I'm borrowing it from a friend and don't want to mess it up. Can I unscrew the screw holding the battery case in the body? Help!
: Thanks.

Corbin,
If the design is the same as the Legend, the screw in the side of the bowl is actually a quarter-turn cog. It is a little difficult to get to (usually requiring removal of a couple of strings on either end). Just turn the screw, pull the battery holder out of the sound hole, and replace the battery. Reverse the procedure for replacement.

Tim

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

battery

where is the battery on an ovation celebrity cc53?

thanks!
ACNZM

: : How do you change the battery in the electronics for an Ovation 1768 Elite? I'm borrowing it from a friend and don't want to mess it up. Can I unscrew the screw holding the battery case in the body? Help!
: : Thanks.

: Corbin,
: If the design is the same as the Legend, the screw in the side of the bowl is actually a quarter-turn cog. It is a little difficult to get to (usually requiring removal of a couple of strings on either end). Just turn the screw, pull the battery holder out of the sound hole, and replace the battery. Reverse the procedure for replacement.

: Tim

There is a screw on the outside of the guitar just north of the EQ box. the is the quater turnscrew Tim was talking about. thanks Tim. Open up the backjust north of the EQ box is a smaller box a bit bigger than a batttery. Stick your hand in and turn the swrew a 1/4 turn and it comes right out no problem.
Thanks for making the light bulk go on.
Rick

Is this tim from southern cross??? give me a write

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.