Giannini Classical Guitar

Advertisement
Posted by DD on Sun, 11/14/99 - 14:28:15.
In Reply to 12 Tone Music

What do you know about the history of this guitar

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Giannini, AWN-50 Classical Guitar, Serial #1/747, Made in Brasil

This guitar was a gift given to me in the Spring of 1973. I've been the only owner of this guitar and it was my first guitar. It's a small guitar with a fairly decent sound. Trying to find the approximate value of this guitar. I've seen other Giannini Guitars on Ebay, but not this particular one.

Any help provided would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

My guitar

I am also wondering about the value of a Giannini, serie Estudo Model AWNE 21 in mint condition. I don't think it was EVER played -- and it has a case too. I believe it was made in 1976, but I could be wrong.

hello. i have a giannini

hello. i have a giannini guitar. model 6/A serial 6390 . date: 5/69 does anyone know something about it?

Searching for info on my Giannine guitar.

I have a Giannine Model # GN120
Serial # 4344
I purchased this guitar in 1970. Any info,value etc. would be very helpful.

Thanks

Bill

Giannini model GN120

I have one also. Bought in 1969 model GN120 sn 327. I gave $60 for it at that time. It has lasted through children and grandchildren so far. It still sound and plays wonderful. I don't know what its worth but it been the only guitar I have kept for that long of period of time.

Giannini Classical Nylon String, 1968?

Hello everyone,
I am trying to find some information regarding a guitar that belonged to first my mother's mother, then my mother, and myself for over ten years now. I learned to play classical style on this instrument, but it is in need of some love. It is a Giannini Classical Guitar, made in Brazil and dated 12/68. The sticker says: "Giannini Guitars / Tranquillo Giannini s.a. / Brazil 12/68 / Model 2/a / Serial #11775. It is 3/4 size. Does anyone have any interesting or clarifying information on this model? Online info is scarce, and being 44 years old and not the most valuable chunk of lumber in all creation, interest is hard to come by at the usual sources.
All my best,
Moriah

Re: Giannini Guitar

:I just came across a Giannini guitar in pretty good condition. Everyone who sees it says to keep it. Does anyone have any input? Model number 518 serial number 11/67.

Re: Giannini Classical Guitar

I have a Giannini AWBN5, ser # 8/73. I purchased it in 1973 for $140, (which I think was a good amount of money for a guitar at that time). I am trying to find out what it is worth now. Does anybody know? Is anyone interested in buying it? I just don't play it anymore. It is a 6-string classical, in beautiful shape, with good sound.

: What do you know about the history of this guitar. It is a model AWN 300, series 3 1980. I'm just wondering if I can find some information on it. Thanks.

: What do you know about the history of this guitar

model# gn50
serial# 6793
requesting the date of this guitar

: : What do you know about the history of this guitar

: model# gn50
: serial# 6748
: requesting the date of this guitar

: : : What do you know about the history of this guitar

: : model#GN50
: : serial# J1949
: : requesting the date of this guitar

Yo! fun...
i like it :)
John
<a href="http://www.toshain.com">painting</a>

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Giannini Classical Guitar

I have a Giannini Classical Guitar that was given to me as a birthday present for my 19th birthday (I am now 54). It's an acoustic/classic and I have carried it everywhere with me all over the world. It has a beuriful sound. Itwas made in Brazil, Model #6, Serial #19818 and was made 01/66. It states Tranqillo Giannini s.a.

I am a self taught guitar player and only play by ear and have loved this instrument. As I have developed an early movement disorder (very early MS) I am unable to play it and would like to know if it is worth anything to help me pay some of my medical bills. It is a beautiful guitar and I hate to part with it, but sometimes we have to do what we have to do.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Most sincerely,
Linda Thompson

: I have a Giannini Classical Guitar that was given to me as a birthday present for my 19th birthday (I am now 54). It's an acoustic/classic and I have carried it everywhere with me all over the world. It has a beuriful sound. Itwas made in Brazil, Model #6, Serial #19818 and was made 01/66. It states Tranqillo Giannini s.a.

: I am a self taught guitar player and only play by ear and have loved this instrument. As I have developed an early movement disorder (very early MS) I am unable to play it and would like to know if it is worth anything to help me pay some of my medical bills. It is a beautiful guitar and I hate to part with it, but sometimes we have to do what we have to do.

: I look forward to hearing from you.

: Most sincerely,
: Linda Thompson
Hi Linda
Did you ever sell the guitar and if so could you please tell me the price? Sorry to hear about your MS.
Regards,
Lou

Pleas e-mail me off line.

-SM

how much is a guitar like this worth?

how much is a guitar like this worth?

This popular thread has been given its own page : how much is a guitar like this worth?

I have a model AWN70 serial # 08-1974 in excellent condition. My wife purchased it for me in 1974 and I never played it. Just the other day my daughter showed interest and in having it strung and tuned, the owner of the store was very impressed with it being a Giannini. The numbers he threw around as to the price of a Giannini makes me want to know what value this guitar really has. My daughter will respect and care for it, but she is on 15 years old, and being 15 she is going to handle it as a 15 year old would.

Sorry for the long story, but if anyone help me understand the value of the guitar it would be appreciated greatly.

Noel West

I also have a model AWN70 serial # 03-1974 in excellent condition.I have no clue how much it costs, what did the the owner say it was worth.

I have a AWN20 that is around 30 years old. Know anything?

Yo! fun...
i like it :)
John
<a href="http://www.toshain.com">painting</a>

: I have a AWN20 that is around 30 years old. Know anything?

Try this site, I've just e-mailed them myself
http://www.giannini.com.br/en/fale.asp might be useful?

: : I have a AWN20 that is around 30 years old. Know anything?

: Try this site, I've just e-mailed them myself
: http://www.giannini.com.br/en/fale.asp might be useful?

This page has a '78/'79 downloadable brochure http://www.giannini.com.br/port/download/16.pdf

it's about 2.2Mb and may contain a picture and some text.

Re: Giannini ACOUSTIC Guitar

Giannini ACOUSTIC Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Giannini ACOUSTIC Guitar

http://www.giannini.com.br/historia.asp

I own a 1976 12 string Giannini Cravoila. Same unusual
shape-great for sittng down while playing. From what I've read,
the Craviola is a nylon-string. Anyone have info on that?
My guitar has standard steel tuners, but I'm tempted to try
nylons on the first three strings. Just had the neck and bridge
glued-some cracking, but now plays ok, although some bridge buzz
due to lowered action, I suppose.

Check out http://home.teleport.com/~brewer/craviola/

my father owns a giannini his sister gave it to him in 1965
and i was wondering my what kind it was and how much it was worth
if it helps the serial number is 16616
the model number is 522 and underneath the serial number it has the numbers 11/65
i would appreciate it if you would email me back thank you for your time

tony boggs

I know that Brazillian classical guitars are noted for their unusual sound. I don't know if any of you remember the famous guitar duo from Brazil who toured the world as "Indios Trabajaras" They gave Chet Atkns one of their guitars. Their guitars had a beautifull singing treble, and although they dressed as Brazillian indians, they were both well trained guitarists.

I don't know if this has anything to do with Giannini, but I just bought Giannini a classical by mail. The pictures show a ordinary looking classical guitar with odd looking wood for the top. The rosette is really good looking in a tastefull Spanish style. The inside says 1900. As soon as I get my hands on it I will update this. Meanwhile, like the rest of you, I would like to find out more concerning this mysterius instrument. Hope I didn't bore everyone. Ray Provence

I too have one of these guitars nd they are a bit of a mystery. I bought mine about 23 years ago in Auckland and it has a beautiful tone. Built of split rosewood it is certainly the work of a craftsman.

If anyone has a clue what they are worth please let me know.

: I know that Brazillian classical guitars are noted for their unusual sound. I don't know if any of you remember the famous guitar duo from Brazil who toured the world as "Indios Trabajaras" They gave Chet Atkns one of their guitars. Their guitars had a beautifull singing treble, and although they dressed as Brazillian indians, they were both well trained guitarists.

: I don't know if this has anything to do with Giannini, but I just bought Giannini a classical by mail. The pictures show a ordinary looking classical guitar with odd looking wood for the top. The rosette is really good looking in a tastefull Spanish style. The inside says 1900. As soon as I get my hands on it I will update this. Meanwhile, like the rest of you, I would like to find out more concerning this mysterius instrument. Hope I didn't bore everyone. Ray Provence

:

Just bought a classical Giannini modle awn 21, beautiful small guitar, wondering what is it worth, the history of Giannini etc. any clues???
It says 10 1978 inside.
aprreciate any info, thnks
Matija in Montana

I too have one of these guitars nd they are a bit of a mystery. I bought mine about 23 years ago in Auckland and it has a beautiful tone. Built of split rosewood it is certainly the work of a craftsman.

: If anyone has a clue what they are worth please let me know.

:

: : I know that Brazillian classical guitars are noted for their unusual sound. I don't know if any of you remember the famous guitar duo from Brazil who toured the world as "Indios Trabajaras" They gave Chet Atkns one of their guitars. Their guitars had a beautifull singing treble, and although they dressed as Brazillian indians, they were both well trained guitarists.

: : I don't know if this has anything to do with Giannini, but I just bought Giannini a classical by mail. The pictures show a ordinary looking classical guitar with odd looking wood for the top. The rosette is really good looking in a tastefull Spanish style. The inside says 1900. As soon as I get my hands on it I will update this. Meanwhile, like the rest of you, I would like to find out more concerning this mysterius instrument. Hope I didn't bore everyone. Ray Provence

I have a strange looking guitar of this name. It is very old with a serial number of 000007. The model

is AWKS6

: My parents gave me a Giannini guitar, Model # 4, Serial # 3930, in the 60's (date in guitar is 4/65). Sticker inside indicates it was made in Brazil. The sound hole is beautifully inlaid with mother of pearl. The front is a light-colored wood. The back is a dark-colored wood with a split back design. It's really a lovely old guitar with a mellow sound. I'd like to purchase another if the company is still in business. Any leads on finding another one?

The Giannini company still in business. Check it out at
www.giannini.com.br

: : My parents gave me a Giannini guitar, Model # 4, Serial # 3930, in the 60's (date in guitar is 4/65). Sticker inside indicates it was made in Brazil. The sound hole is beautifully inlaid with mother of pearl. The front is a light-colored wood. The back is a dark-colored wood with a split back design. It's really a lovely old guitar with a mellow sound. I'd like to purchase another if the company is still in business. Any leads on finding another one?

The Giannini company still in business. Check it out at
www.giannini.com.br

: : My parents gave me a Giannini guitar, Model # 4, Serial # 3930, in the 60's (date in guitar is 4/65). Sticker inside indicates it was made in Brazil. The sound hole is beautifully inlaid with mother of pearl. The front is a light-colored wood. The back is a dark-colored wood with a split back design. It's really a lovely old guitar with a mellow sound. I'd like to purchase another if the company is still in business. Any leads on finding another one?

I was given a guitar by my step father. Don't know anything about it. I want to get it re-strung for my son, but would like to know what its worth. the label reads:
Giannini

I also own a '74 Giannini that I purchased from a little music shop in Pennsylvania. I've seen lots of imitations, but very few of the real thing. It's has a tear-drop with a single cut-away design. I don't know if there are any other designs available. The wood is beautiful - light front with dark sides and dark mirror image back wood split in the middle. I tried to look up any information in the encyclopedias we have in our computer system, but nothing available. I'm in the process of seeking info on the internet. If I find anything I will update this.

Check at www.giannini.com.br

: I also own a '74 Giannini that I purchased from a little music shop in Pennsylvania. I've seen lots of imitations, but very few of the real thing. It's has a tear-drop with a single cut-away design. I don't know if there are any other designs available. The wood is beautiful - light front with dark sides and dark mirror image back wood split in the middle. I tried to look up any information in the encyclopedias we have in our computer system, but nothing available. I'm in the process of seeking info on the internet. If I find anything I will update this.

model #: 901/A
Ser #: 2701
Date: March 1969
Name: Tranquillo Giannini S.A.

does anybody know the date of this guitar? model# gn50
serial# 6793

I'm looking myself. I have a Giannini model #2, serial 18676 dated 12/65. Mine has no marks on the back, yet front edges have wood change of red, and brown variatons.

: I'm looking myself. I have a Giannini model #2, serial 18676 dated 12/65. Mine has no marks on the back, yet front edges have wood change of red, and brown variatons.

I have a Giannini Guitar which I bought used. It is six string and has a beautiful mellow tone.

Does anyone have any info on this guitar? The Model AWN 50 and the Serial 3/218.

Any info deeply appreciated. K. Abbott

I bought a AWN50 ser 7 1974 last year at a guitar shop for $175.00 I love it its small and has a big sound> I have a 3 other classicals, a 1964 Guild Mk II an old Goya G10 a newer Takamini. I like very much my recent Giannini but I don't know very much about the Gininnin but I too am interested.: : : What do you know about the history of this guitar

: : I'm looking myself. I have a Giannini model #2, serial 18676 dated 12/65. Mine has no marks on the back, yet front edges have wood change of red, and brown variatons.

: I have a Giannini Guitar which I bought used. It is six string and has a beautiful mellow tone.

: Does anyone have any info on this guitar? The Model AWN 50 and the Serial 3/218.

: Any info deeply appreciated. K. Abbott

I have a 1973. The only thing I heard about this brand of Guitar is that there was an embargo on them at one time because of the wood they were using was from a rare wood. They continued shipping to the US after the changed woods. That was info from a Music Dealer. He also spoke of models that had murals on the back of the body. Mine has a slit line on the back but no mural.

Check at www.giannini.com.br for more info on Giannini guitars.

: I have a 1973. The only thing I heard about this brand of Guitar is that there was an embargo on them at one time because of the wood they were using was from a rare wood. They continued shipping to the US after the changed woods. That was info from a Music Dealer. He also spoke of models that had murals on the back of the body. Mine has a slit line on the back but no mural.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.