Re: Giannini Classical Guitar

Advertisement
Posted by lisa on Tue, 11/21/00 - 13:42:23.

: What do you know about the history of this guitar

I was given a guitar by my step father. Don't know anything about it. I want to get it re-strung for my son, but would like to know what its worth. the label reads:
Giannini
serie Estudo
tranquillo giannini s.a. ind.de cordas.....
made in brazil
on the arm there is the Giannini signature with 1900
can anybody help?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I don`t know much about the history of Giannini guitars,but I own an AWN 85 made in Brazil in 09/73 By Giannini. If you have any information. on this guiar I would like to know more about it. It seems to drip tone and plays smooth as melted butter: Ive had it for a few years now and for me the honeymoon has never ended

I actually have the exact same guitar only with a different number inside. Mine just reads AWNE 31. To me it sounds nice but I don't know. Is it a very nice guitar or is it just (as "estudo" suggests) a beginner model?

: : What do you know about the history of this guitar
I have a Giannini Guitar from early 1950. It looks like a ukulele it has 4 strings. Excelent shape. Can you tell me what it is worth. History ?

I have one also it has a number "1 AWNE 19" The "19" is the number of frets...AWNE is the model .... and the "1" I haven't a clue. Everyone likes the sound of the instrument...you have a very nice guitar...

I have the same model number and was wonering about it's value? It was given to me by someone who didn't have any idea of where it came from. It is a lovely looking piece.

Hi, the translation for the label inside your guitar is
Giannini - Student series
Tranquillo Giannini Inc. Strings industry
made in brazil
The guitar you describes, with the signature and 1900, is a recent one, medium-priced student guitar, with less than 10 years old. 1900 was when Giannini started in business, and that is a comemorative issue.

: : What do you know about the history of this guitar

: I was given a guitar by my step father. Don't know anything about it. I want to get it re-strung for my son, but would like to know what its worth. the label reads:
: Giannini
: serie Estudo
: tranquillo giannini s.a. ind.de cordas.....
: made in brazil
: on the arm there is the Giannini signature with 1900
: can anybody help?

Giannini Classical Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Giannini Classical Guitar

Re: Tranquillo Giannini Craviola SA 12-string Guitar

Tranquillo Giannini Craviola SA 12-string Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Tranquillo Giannini Craviola SA 12-string Guitar

i´m thiago and i take guitar lessons here in south brazil
i have i teacher who knows a lot about those guitars, if you send me an e-mail with all the characterists of the instrument you want i think i´d be able to help you

: Hi, the translation for the label inside your guitar is
: Giannini - Student series
: Tranquillo Giannini Inc. Strings industry
: made in brazil
: The guitar you describes, with the signature and 1900, is a recent one, medium-priced student guitar, with less than 10 years old. 1900 was when Giannini started in business, and that is a comemorative issue.

: : : What do you know about the history of this guitar

: : I was given a guitar by my step father. Don't know anything about it. I want to get it re-strung for my son, but would like to know what its worth. the label reads:
: : Giannini
: : serie Estudo
: : tranquillo giannini s.a. ind.de cordas.....
: : made in brazil
: : on the arm there is the Giannini signature with 1900
: : can anybody help?

Hello there. I cant help you on your question but Id like to post a question myself. I am also curious about the worth of a guitar I have when it was first made. Of course its nothing the same as it was. I found this trashed guitar in a attic of an old garage. No strings, top pulled away from the sides, UGLY color (I later discovered it was repainted) not worth much more than hanging on a wall. Being a guitarist and seeing the wear patterns deep in the fret board, (not to mention worn to wood where its rests on your leg) I had an idea of the style of music played on it. This poor little guitar had a past life of volumes! I took compassion on it and fixed it up just to be playable. Something I could take camping and not worry about getting scratched. It sounds so good I recently stripped it and found what I think is a Imbuia wood top and brazilian rosewood sides and bottom. Its Model No. 2 and Serial No. 10453 and has a date below that (which I assume to be Manufacture date) is 9/65. Incedentaly, I was born 6/65 so this has further indeared it to me. If anyone has any input to enlighten me I would be forever gratefull. Thanks, your fellow musician, Greg.

Re: (1978) Giannini Classical Guitar

(1978) Giannini Classical Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: (1978) Giannini Classical Guitar

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.