3 Giannini's

Posted by Rich Z on Fri, 10/26/01 - 15:43:27.
In Reply to 12 Tone Music

I have 3 Giannini Guitars. My first is a 1974 Claviola, the tear shaped model with a cutout in the bottom that fits comfortably over your leg when sitting at play. It is Brazillian Rosewood laminated to more Brazillian Rosewood. I think it was done that way to strengthen the the guitar as the wood is very thin and the Guitar is very light. The Rosewood is absolutely gorgeous and I wish it could be seen from the front while being played. The Guitar resonates beatifully. I am the only owner and I paid $125.00 for it with case in 1974. I also have the nylon string traditional classical model. I don't know what wood it is made from but it plays well and sounds good. I saw an ad in a local paper and bought it from a housewife who was trying to learn to play. I paid $50.00 with the understanding that she would not replace the broken strings. I also have a 12 String Claviola but it needs a neck reset and I have not chosen to have it repaired just yet. The 12 string model never stood up well. The top either pulls up from the string tension or the necks pull forward making them impossible to tune or play which is a shame because they sound like a harp. The Claviolas are VERY RARE but they do not command a good price in the collectors market at this time. I believe they are very under valued, especially the Brazillian Rosewood Guitars. The Classicals are very nice but they are probably going for around $250 to $350. I see Claviola's going for between $400 & $600 which I think will be proven to be absurdly low in the future. I play my guitars so I am not really that concerned with the sale value other than as a point of interest. Maybe at some time sale price will be important to my children.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: 3 Giannini's

Message to Richard Z who posted the message re his 3 Giannini guitars. I'm trying to learn more about these guitars. Will you contact me via email.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.