mysterious guitar Epi D-10

Posted by Stan (via moderator) on Sun, 11/14/04 - 23:36:22.

Have aquired through a friends passing, an acoustic guitar that says it's an Epi model D-10??? Has the epi sticker inside that also has the little Norlin logo in it's corner, says it's a product of Lincolnwood, Illinois and also that it's made in Taiwan. Any direction anyone can give me on a possible age, pricing, etc.????? Can't find anything about this model anywhere!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: mysterious guitar Epi D-10

Hi There Stan!

My Dad owns one of these, and I have to say it's one of the best acoustinc guitars I have ever heard or played. If it's the same, the features are:

Epi written in gold on the large plain black headstock.
Highly polished top and body, but with an easily worn neck and frets.
Soild top and back.
The serial no of my Dad's guitar is : 7901866

I have hunted around for info on this guitar for years and years and failed miserably. Your posting here is the first I have found anywhere. I would love to know the true value of this guitar. My Dad bought it in Leeds, Yorkshire, in 1981, so yours will be at least 25 years old. Whilst it's made in Tiawan, I have played Gibsons and Martins that sound worse than this fantastic guitar. Such a playable instrument with great harmonics, a really bright and alive sound.

Would love to know if you find anything else about it - sorry that this is all the info I have.
Based on the 2 facts that it sounds and plays great and that there is no info out there at all on it, I reckon it's seriously worth something.

Let me know if you find anything out about it!!

Howard.

Not in a particular reply to Stan but i also have a Epi D-10 that I was looking for info on the age. Not particulary how much i could get for it since i was gonna start to learn to play on it!!!!

Mine has Epi written on the headstock in gold with black finish behind it.
My serial # is 1804575.

My dad said that he got it from his friend back in the day. I would just like to know if anybody has any extra info on this guitar???

Not in a particular reply to Stan but i also have a Epi D-10 that I was looking for info on the age. Not particulary how much i could get for it since i was gonna start to learn to play on it!!!!

Mine has Epi written on the headstock in gold with black finish behind it.
My serial # is 1804575.

My dad said that he got it from his friend back in the day. I would just like to know if anybody has any extra info on this guitar???

I've owned one of these since '79. I think they were about $200 u.s. new.
Epiphone issued a new version of this model a couple of years ago. I saw it selling for 1-200 dollars. I haven't seen them lately. But, they must be around. I have both.
The new one sounded just like the older one did when new. However I did have to adjust them and file some frets on the new one.
I think Neil Young mentioned in a 70's interview that he liked these and would leave them all over the place because they were inexpensive.
I wouldn't sell mine at any price. I wish I could buy ten.

I just bought A old D-10 from shopgoodwill.com ...Cant wait to see it when it arrives ...looked amazingly good for the age online ..Was amazed i got it for $30 ...Now I just need to play more ..

: I've owned one of these since '79. I think they were about $200 u.s. new.
: Epiphone issued a new version of this model a couple of years ago. I saw it selling for 1-200 dollars. I haven't seen them lately. But, they must be around. I have both.
: The new one sounded just like the older one did when new. However I did have to adjust them and file some frets on the new one.
: I think Neil Young mentioned in a 70's interview that he liked these and would leave them all over the place because they were inexpensive.
: I wouldn't sell mine at any price. I wish I could buy ten.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2018 , All Rights Reserved.