1977 Guild D25M

Posted by John Dow on Mon, 07/29/02 - 14:28:19.

Anybody out there know what a 1977 Guild D25M in perfect condition with hard case is worth? I'm looking at a new Martin and may need to sell my Guild to offset the cost. Thanks, John

See Also:
Guild D25 from the mid 1970s

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Guild D25M S.N. 132919

MYGUILDISINGREATCONDITIONLOOKINGTOSELL I think IT'S 1974 IF ANYBODYKNOWSLETMENO E-MAIL ME IF YOUR INTERESTED CAL

Re: 1977 Guild D25M

i have the same model im trying to figure what its worth, Guild D25 m serial # 150170

d25m

i was just looking to find out about my d25m...serial # 150230...wow looks like we bought near the same time..

Don't know but if you want to sell it southof8mi@mac.com, sean

im selling a guild if your interested

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170692426563

:Hi, Just bought a 1977 Guild D- 25 M all original few scraches Solid as can be Blows away new $1500 guitars. No Metalic sound just wood $500 without a sweat Let 2 other guitars go for this one.. grab them

I'm owner of a Guild D25M what I bought new in 1977. I'm still playing on it (fingerpicking style). The sound is greate. However the laque is damaged a bit, the quality is still excellent. I tried many guitars passed years and the ones who can beat the Guild D25M I "think" is a Martin or Cole Clark. I live in Holland. If you want to see a bit of my Guild, look in the logo of our band. You can see it on www.freewebs.com/ssensual2/

: I'm owner of a Guild D25M what I bought new in 1977. I'm still playing on it (fingerpicking style). The sound is greate. However the laque is damaged a bit, the quality is still excellent. I tried many guitars passed years and the ones who can beat the Guild D25M I "think" is a Martin or Cole Clark. I live in Holland. If you want to see a bit of my Guild, look in the logo of our band. You can see it on www.ssensual2.nl

Guild D25M - Unknown Year? Serial: 144150 Value anyone or year?

I have read through the serials on various sites and the serial I have doesn't seem to fit in anywhere. Anyone have any idea to the year of this model and aproximate value?

Thanks. Drew drew@beat-nik.com

Re: Guild D25M - Unknown Year? Serial: 144150 Value anyone or year?

: Per the Guild Guitars website your D25M was built in late 1976.

Kris

Re: Guild D25M - Unknown Year? Serial: 144150 Value anyone or year?

I also have a d25m bought in 1979 used for 600.00 Cdn.
My serial number does not fit in with the guild list of serial numbers.
it was last appraised (1992) for 1200.00 Cdn.
I couldnt sell it... its my baby!!! anyone who plays it offers to buy it. NOT FOR SALE!!! :-)

: Anybody out there know what a 1977 Guild D25M in perfect condition with hard case is worth? I'm looking at a new Martin and may need to sell my Guild to offset the cost. Thanks, John
John. I have the same guitar too and absolutely love it. I paid $250 for it in 1981. I would not sell it myself. But that is just me.

D25M

It's sure not my business but...you'll be sorry if you sell that Guild. I own a D25M from the late 70s and it blows away any guitar I've played including the overstated, overpriced Martin! If ytou can afford it why not keep the Guild and buy the Martin? Good luck,
George

I've got somewhere around a 1981-83 Guild D25M. IMHO there is no adequate price. The tone is extremely rich and has mellowed over the years. It's Brazilian rosewood, which isn't free anymore. Priceless. Remember this is the guitar that Paul Simon played. I would not sell for any amount. But, I'm a musician.

bill i would love to talk to you about the guitar..... let me know if you would like to sell it to me....my email is paulshafermusic@yahoo.com and hope to hear from you!
thanks

I saw an ad for this online at www.guitarservices.com and it was selling for $699 US. I have the same guitar and I love it, by the way.

Hi, I've got exactly the same model as you. I bought it in Australia in 1998 for AUD$1500. At the time they were worth about AUD$2500 new. I'm not sure what prices are like in the states, but they are not very common, and everyone that plays my guitar wants to buy it. If yours is in perfect condition, then it should sell for quite a bit.

: Anybody out there know what a 1977 Guild D25M in perfect condition with hard case is worth? I'm looking at a new Martin and may need to sell my Guild to offset the cost. Thanks, John

Don't know, baut am wondering what my late 70's giuild is worth. appreciate follow up. mike

: : Anybody out there know what a 1977 Guild D25M in perfect condition with hard case is worth? I'm looking at a new Martin and may need to sell my Guild to offset the cost. Thanks, John

:
: Don't know, baut am wondering what my late 70's giuild is worth. appreciate follow up. mike

This one is a 1980 at $750. I love mine.

http://soundsource.zoovy.com/product/SOLDGUILDD25M

: : : Anybody out there know what a 1977 Guild D25M in perfect condition with hard case is worth? I'm looking at a new Martin and may need to sell my Guild to offset the cost. Thanks, John

: :
: : Don't know, baut am wondering what my late 70's giuild is worth. appreciate follow up. mike

: : Anybody out there know what a 1977 Guild D25M in perfect condition with hard case is worth? I'm looking at a new Martin and may need to sell my Guild to offset the cost. Thanks, John

:
: Don't know, baut am wondering what my late 70's giuild is worth. appreciate follow up. mike

Mike? Drop me a note, I'm just scanning the web for sold prices for a 73 Guild D25M, so the results will be similar.

I have a 77 guild d25m and just got it appraised. The as-is price was about $1000. After repairs(adjusting the neck, etc.), I was told it was worth about $1500. Please reply if u get any different prices.

If you get $1000 for yours, let me know right away. The most I've seen them go for is maybe $600. Just saw one sell on ebay for $475. Good luck and let me know how you do.

I bought a d25m 1979 model and got it for $500 with a new case. It has a few very-very minor dings no cracking checking and all original down to the bridge pins. basicly they are fun guitars but definitely not as valuable as other guild models of the same age. I've seen them go for $750, and if you can get that much for it you've done well. Remember new these were not extremely expensive guitars and if you get $750 for it you're more than doubling it's original value.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.