Re: K. Yairi - Model GL600

Posted by R.T. Morse on Wed, 01/15/03 - 20:37:10.

: I have just bought a K. Yairi small Guitar Model #GL600.
: Anyone know what year this guitar was manufactured?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

YAIRI GL600 PARLOR SIZE GUITAR FROM 1970's

I need to replace the bone saddle on a K. Yairi GL600 Parlor size guitar made about 1975.

The original saddle was about 3 inches long but the thickness seems to be much thinner than full size acoustic guitars.
Can anyone please tell me where I can obtain such a saddle ?
What are the official factory dimensions of the ORIGINAL GL600 Saddle ?
I would prefer if the new bone saddle is pre-slotted.
Thank you everyone in advance for your valued assistance.

Kind regards,
David Pakter david underscore pakter @ msn (dot) com PLEASE CLOSE ALL SPACES
New York, USA

K Yairi model GL600 guitar

This parlor model classical guitar by K. Yairiis no longer made, dates from the early 1970s. Mine is a 1973, have had it for over 30 years from the original purchaser (now-deceased.) I will not part with it for anything! According some references I have found, it is now considered rare. The GL-600 is Kazuo Yairi's incredible re-creation of the early 1800's "Romantic guitar."

So far as pricing, I saw one sold a couple years ago for $430, and another listed in Jan 2012 for $650 (don't know if that one sold yet.)

As a general guideline, info below says it's between $300 to $600, depending upon condition.

http://yairiluvr.wordpress.com/2009/06/12/sadao-yairi-history-continued/#comments

I have this same guitar. It says inside 1973 but I suspect it was made years prior to this aswell. Did you ever find out a worth on your guitar?

Thanks Chris

: I have this same guitar. It says inside 1973 but I suspect it was made years prior to this aswell. Did you ever find out a worth on your guitar?

: Thanks Chris

I picked up a GL 600 in Santa Cruz in 1983, inside lable says manufactured in 1974. Join the crowd, no idea what it's worth and not much info on the web.

I have 2, most of these are from the early 1970's, but you would need to check for numbers found on heelblock to narrow down the exact year, if it isn't stamped on the label.

Need help~ ask here:
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Alvarez_AlvarezYairi_plus/

: : I have this same guitar. It says inside 1973 but I suspect it was made years prior to this aswell. Did you ever find out a worth on your guitar?

: : Thanks Chris

: I picked up a GL 600 in Santa Cruz in 1983, inside lable says manufactured in 1974. Join the crowd, no idea what it's worth and not much info on the web.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.