Alvarez Yairi DY45 vs DY47

Posted by Kevin on Wed, 04/02/03 - 16:00:03.
In Reply to Ravita's Music

Can anybody tell me the differences in these guitars? I want to buy a good acoustic. Thanks for your help.

Kevin

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Alvarez Yairi DY45 vs DY47

I don't know the DY47, but I have an Alvarez Yairi '91 DY-45 and it is a magnificent instrument. It is marvelously playable, a very fast neck, with a beautiful tone and is sounding sweeter and is getting a deeper bottom as it ages. I play this guitar a great deal. It and my Taylor 810 are my two favorite acoustic guitars, and I have quite a collection. The DY-45 has the sweet and lively sound of quality mahogany, and I don't want to take chance on changing the sound by putting an undersaddle pickup in it, or boring a 1/2" hole for a jack. I use a Seymour Duncan Mag Mic for performing on stage, the same system I use on the Taylor. I will keep this guitar until I die or arthritis takes away my ability to play. I keep my guitars in a humidity controlled safe, and rotate them for play, so that none of my guitars ever begin to lose it's vibe. I hope this helps. ;-P

: Can anybody tell me the differences in these guitars? I want to buy a good acoustic. Thanks for your help.

: Kevin

yes i can the Dy45 and Dy47 are both the same.The Dy47 is a darker finsh (sun burst) than the Dy45 but they are the same guitar.You have to keep in mind they are hand made.Each one is a little different in sound and look's .I have a 1983 Dy47 and love it! the sound is out of this world

: Can anybody tell me the differences in these guitars? I want to buy a good acoustic. Thanks for your help.

I don't know anything about the dy47, but I own and play 2 dy45, one with an under bridge pu and one acoustic. Both can't be beat.Our pastor has a Gibson and I can't keep mine out of his hands.

The sound and ease to play is awesome. Thanks Oscar

I have a DY45,1987, great shape $600 or best if interested. Stayed in the case for 15 years.

: I don't know anything about the dy47, but I own and play 2 dy45, one with an under bridge pu and one acoustic. Both can't be beat.Our pastor has a Gibson and I can't keep mine out of his hands.

: The sound and ease to play is awesome. Thanks Oscar

I love my 1986 DY45. I have played a Taylor, Gibson, and Martin before nad this guitar sounds as good or better. VERY rich tone. For the money, the DY45 is the king!!!

Re: Alvarez Yairi DY45

: I love my 1987 DY45. I have played a Taylor, Gibson, Fender and Martin before and this guitar sounds as good. VERY rich tone. For the money, the DY45 is king!!!

I have a Tobacco Burst 1983 DY47 and think it is an awesome guitar; nice fret action and the finish is still beautiful. Has a deep rich tone. Iuse an unwound third string as I like to play acoustic blues and the unwound third is an easier bend. I don't see how you could go wrong with a DY47.

I have owned a DY-45 since 1984. I find it to be an exceptional guitar for the price, comparing favorably to Gibson and Martin of triple to quadruple price. My stepson once had a DY-47, and am unsure why he traded it. I believe the DY-45 to have richer, more mellow tone than the DY-47, though the DY-47 seemed a bit easier on the fingers. The best I can recall, the DY-47 was also a bit more ornate, but its tone was less pleasing to my ears, a bit more tinny.

I really am not familiar with the DY47 but I have owned a DY45 for about seven years. It is a great guitar! The things I look for in a guitar are the tone and the ease of the fretboard. The DY45 frets easily and holds tune remarkably well. I recommend it!

: I really am not familiar with the DY47 but I have owned a DY45 for about seven years. It is a great guitar! The things I look for in a guitar are the tone and the ease of the fretboard. The DY45 frets easily and holds tune remarkably well. I recommend it!
I have had one since 1990 and can't say enough good things about this one. it sounds as good as, and plays easier than my Gibson J-185 EC at less than a fourth the price.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.