Re: Alvarez model number 5029

Advertisement
Posted by Andy on Thu, 01/11/07 - 23:10:53.

: I have an Alvarez model 5029 acoustic guitar. I believe it was also called the "Ash Mountain Festival. Does anyone know the value of this model?

I have one also and you are correct about the name, I can't seem to find any info on this guitar,will probably contact Alvarez. I would like to know the value as well as the age, mine is SWEET and cherry

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Alvarez Festival Model 5029

I just bought one. Came with new strings of unknown origin and a Lawrence sound hole pickup. Sounds different than other guitars. Not as loud and crisp as many are. Very "musical" tone. I don't know how else to describe it. The strings almost chime the chords, but without any tinniness. Bottom strings have smooth sustain better than my Taylor and Martin. The neck feels really good and the action is light on this solidly built guitar. Lightweight, yet feels tough. The inlayed abalone? logo is well done, but there are what look like gouges in the headstock and part of lower fingerboard. Nothing that I feel with playing it, but looking closely you can see them. It's almost like it was intentionally distressed before finishing. Oh, the finish looks like it was done recently. I don't know, it's just feels fresh, but maybe it's the original shiny finish.
Anyway, I just got it a couple hours ago and haven't done much with it yet. I'm curious about how it came to be an Alvarez Festival model made from Ash tree wood.

Re: Alvarez model number 5029

: : I have an Alvarez model 5029 acoustic guitar. I believe it was also called the "Ash Mountain Festival. Does anyone know the value of this model?

: I have one also and you are correct about the name, I can't seem to find any info on this guitar,will probably contact Alvarez. I would like to know the value as well as the age, mine is SWEET and cherry

I HAVE ONE ALSO IT WAS BOUGHT USED IN 1970 FOR 500.00 I BELEAV IT WAS MADE IN 1968 ITS REAR ONE IF PLAY KEEP IT AROUND ONE OF KIND YOU MIGHT SAY

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.