Alvarez 5031

Advertisement
Posted by Eddie on Mon, 10/28/02 - 19:49:03.
In Reply to Ravita's Music

I was given an Alvarez 5031. I am trying to find out some info for this guitar. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

alvarez guitar model#5031

my is dark maroon color and i got it from my brother it is a very nice guitar as for as sounds and looks it is still in ment condition no scratchs are chips in it i know it can be worth 150.00 to 350.00

Re: Alvarez 5031

They are worth around 700. If it has the sunburst "Curly Pine" then it'll def be atleast 700. They were made in the early 80's and they are pretty rare.

I've had mine since 1989,

I've had mine since 1989, and have been offerred over $2K for it several times. It plays great, and I wouldn't part with it for the world. If anyone has one, don't let someone rip you off by offering you anything under $1000 for it!

I have one, its a nice guitar, I think $350 would be way worth it, that's what I bought mine for in '00. It's easy to play and has a nice full sound. Not a booming Martin or anything, but a very nice mid-level guitar. My brother and I were screwing around one day and posted this, I'm playing the 5031 on right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vwgJxcSPvA

I have a 5031 from the early 80s. The finish is dark, could be sunburst, but not sure. How can I tell what I have here, exactly??

Actually, Alvarez has two different 5031 models. One is an Artist Series, and was produced during the mid to late 80's. The value on these guitars is approx. $150. Another 5031 model was produced during the mid 90's as a Professional Series guitar. Its value is around $350.

: Actually, Alvarez has two different 5031 models. One is an Artist Series, and was produced during the mid to late 80's. The value on these guitars is approx. $150. Another 5031 model was produced during the mid 90's as a Professional Series guitar. Its value is around $350.

I have a 5031 I received as a high school graduation present in 1985. My parents paid about $250 at Guitar Center in the San Fernando Valley (Van Nuys? Encino?)in California. I am amazed its "value" is only $150 dollars. Each time I've had to have it serviced, the guys from the back room come out to tell me what a great guitar it is and that they were passing it around to check it out. It certainly sounds miles better than any $150 guitar you can buy today!

I have a 5031 which is sort of burnt orange and dark brown sunburst front sides and back and is absolutely beautiful. Don't know if it is a "Professional".
I bought it about 15-18 years ago and can't remember what I paid but it was under $300. The back has an area about 1" diameter that cracked near the top trim. This guitar still sounds beautiful and is definitely worth at least $350-$400.
I am keeping it.

I have one of these myself and have been trying to find out some info on it. Mine is sunburst, I believe it has a spruce top. Gave a couple hundred bucks for it. Thought it was a good deal.

: Actually, Alvarez has two different 5031 models. One is an Artist Series, and was produced during the mid to late 80's. The value on these guitars is approx. $150. Another 5031 model was produced during the mid 90's as a Professional Series guitar. Its value is around $350.

Alvarez 5031

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Alvarez 5031

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.