looking for the value of a Jacobus Stainer violin from 1676?

Posted by dan pancoast on Thu, 09/28/00 - 02:15:05.
In Reply to Vintage Music

see above message. thanks, dan

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

value of my violin

I have a jacobus strainer in ablam prope oenipontum 1658 violin with bow. How much is it worth?

VIOLIN 1677 JACOBUS STAINER IN ABIAM

YES HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH IT HAS A PAPER ON THE IN SIDE IN BLACK LETTERING AND SAYS 1677 LOOKS VERY OLD ALL ORGINIEL I BOUGHT IT AT AN ESTATE SALE IN WHICH THE FAMILY SAID IT CAME FROM GENARACTION TO GENARACTION THE PEOPLE WHERE LIKE IN THERE 90 YEARS OLD AND TOLD US IT WAS THERE GREAT GRAND FATERS AND THEN HIS GREAT GRND FATERS LOOKS VERY OLD ITS STILL IN THE ORIGANILE CASE IN WHITCH LOOKS VERY OLD AND GOT ANOTHER ONE BUT DOESINT SAY ANY THING IN THE IN SIDE. I SEE ONE GO FOR AUCTION FOR $50,000 THANK YOU SEN ANDREW QUETIVES DINUBA CA

Re: looking for the value of a Jacobus Stainer violin from 1676?

I have a stainer vilon but i can not make out thdate inside ecept 17. What is the value of this vilon

I have a stainer vilon but i can not make out thdate inside ecept 17. What is the value of this vilon

I have probably a copy of a Jacobus Stainer violin. It sounds really good, but realistically, is likely a copy. How can I tell for sure?? Is there a market for copies? or the real thing. It has the usual label inside but also has the name STAINER in black letters on the back where the neck joins. Any help on this? Thanks.

Looking for the value of a Jacobus Stainer 16 violin?

I have a Jacobus Stainer 16 violin.fiddle and am trying to determine it's worth. I was offered $500 for it already as it is but had someone tell me it was circa 1800. I do know it was brought back to the states by my father in WWII from Gernamny. I still have a printout from maestronet.com stating the circa 1800 and Authenticity Status: Cristie's "labelled". Thanks, C. Scott My web site is located at http://www.aeriano.com/antiques/antiques.html

I've got a fake (well I presume fake!) jacobus stainer with 1738/9 written on the inside. All printed except the 38/39 (I can't tell, it's a bit dark inside the violin!). I do know however that it was German, even if not made by Mr Stainer himself. It was in poor condition (scroll completely broken off) but my father had it repaired (he's in the woodwind trade and one of his workers happened to be a violin repairer so it wasn't extortionate). I'm using too many brackets.

Anyway I've got it insured for £7000 including the £800 bow I've got along with it. I suppose even though it's a fake it's still makes a wonderful rich sound and the damage did not effect the resonance of the violin in any way. So if my fake goes for £7000, I reckon a real one must be considerably more valuable.

Re: looking for the value of a 1716 jacobus stainer violin.

I would like to find out what a price range would be for a 1716 jacobus stainer violin.

Re: looking for the value of a 1716 jacobus stainer violin.

: I would like to find out what a price range would be for a 1716 jacobus stainer violin. i have one in good condition. Thank you

Mauricio

:
: see above message. thanks, dan

Value of a 1659 jacobus stainer violin

I have a 1659 violin. What is its value?

GBP: £100,000 - £150,000

This auction house website estimates the value as being between £100,000 & £150,000.
https://www.bromptons.co/reference/results/details/violin-by-jacobus-sta...

found jacobus stainer in Abfam prope Oenipontum, 1676

I found this violin at the swap meet in a case complete with a wilhelmi now and M&W.co leather box. I paid $30.00 and was looking to sell it Dan 6618575441

i have a jacobus stainer absam prope oenipontum 1647

just wondering what a jacobus stainer 1647 violin is worth i have a violin thats got the subject stats about it

Re: Jacobus Stainer in Abiam Prope Oenipontum 1624

We have a violin with a sticker inside that states the heading above (Jacob Stainer in Abiam Prope Oenipontum 1624). "24" in the date "1624" is written in pencil or ink. Looking at all the other inquiries I noticed that the earliest date listed was 1648. Why is our's dated earlier and is there any value in our violin. John

Re: Jacobus Stainer in Abiam Prope Oenipontum 1624

I have one the same as yours, but mine has 1648. Let me know what you find out. Thank you

Re: Value on "Jacobus Stainer in Abfam 1799"

: :
: Can this date be right? It also says, "prope Oenipontum 1799."

Re: looking for the value of a Jacobus Stainer violin

: :
: : see above message. thanks, dan

I was wondering if you could help me get the value of a violin made in the late 1920's.

Re: looking for the value of a Jacobus Stainer violin from 1660

need restauration, and new parts, got broken just before World War Two

Re: looking for the value of a Jacobus Stainer violin from 1660

the violin in perfect condition minor scratches around bridge, found at a garage sale

Re: looking for the value of a Jacobus Stainer violin from 1648?

Don't know how this site works, but I have a very old Jacobus Stainer violin. The label is not handwritten but the 48 is handwritten. Has Stainer ingraved on the back. Has Stainer ingraved on the inside. Has a 2 piece back. Found in the attic. Just thought I would inquire here first. Thanks

Re: looking for the value of a Jacobus Stainer violin from 1648?

I read about some machine made violines of 1908, which of course only were COPIES of the true Jacobus Stainer. These Copies somtimtes had stamps on its back or inside. Stainer himself didn't use stamps, I think. Sorry.

Looking for the value of a Jacob Stainer violin from 1795

My name is Juan Carlos Torres. I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I own a violin labeled "Jacobus Stainer in Absam Prope Oenipontum 1795", wich I would like to sell. I don't quite understand how this web page works, and I'm not sure who I'm sending this mail to. But I hope you can help me find a price for my violin.
I'm sending this mail from: http://www.guitarsite.com/database/Stores/rec/275/wwwboard/messages/2.shtml
If you can help me, please E-mail me to juan@importmusic.com.ar
Thank you
Juan Carlos Torres

Looking for the value of a Jacob Stainer violin

Hello I am also looking for the present value of a Jacob Stainer´s violin.
Thank you a lot

Re: Looking for the value of a Jacob Stainer violin from 1795

Io posseggo un violino autentico di Stainer,per avere conferma della sua autenticità sai a chi mi posso rivolgere?
Attendo tue risposte.
Grazie della tua collaborazione
Simone De Grandi

: Io posseggo un violino autentico di Stainer,per avere conferma della sua autenticità sai a chi mi posso rivolgere?
: Attendo tue risposte.
: Grazie della tua collaborazione
: Simone De Grandi

Also looking for value of a Stainer violin - but dated 1647. Can anyone help?

Any people than like a violin Jacobus Stainer 1795 can call
Puerto Rico Phone #787-856-3322 Jose Emanuelli address Urb. Costa Sur Street E D-24 Yauco P.R 00698.

You must be mistaken with the date, as Jacob Stainer had well and truly died by 1795.

Dear Juan Carlos Torres: Jakob Stainer was the finest Tyrol/German violin maker, preferred by musicians over Amati's, Stradivarius, and Guanari instruments. He was born in 1600's and lived to be just over 60 years old. The violin about which you write must be a copy; an original Stainer is rare and he is noted for his elaborate lion's head carvings in lieu of scrolls and carvings of angels, etcetera. The Smithonian Museum has information about Jacob Stainer and his instruments. Enjoy your copy and play it often. Sincerely, Madeline

Re: Looking for the value of a violin..inscription inside...dated anno -1603 J.S. --also it says JK

:
: Dear Juan Carlos Torres: Jakob Stainer was the finest Tyrol/German violin maker, preferred by musicians over Amati's, Stradivarius, and Guanari instruments. He was born in 1600's and lived to be just over 60 years old. The violin about which you write must be a copy; an original Stainer is rare and he is noted for his elaborate lion's head carvings in lieu of scrolls and carvings of angels, etcetera. The Smithonian Museum has information about Jacob Stainer and his instruments. Enjoy your copy and play it often. Sincerely, Madeline

Dear Juan Carlos Torres: Jakob Stainer was the finest Tyrol/German violin maker, preferred by musicians over Amati's, Stradivarius, and Guanari instruments. He was born in 1644 and lived to be just over 60 years old. The violin about which you write must be a copy; an original Stainer is rare and he is noted for his elaborate lion's head carvings in lieu of scrolls and carvings of angels, etcetera. The Smithonian Museum has information about Jacob Stainer and his instruments. Enjoy your copy and play it often. Sincerely, Madeline

: I have a Guanari but in poor condition. Can anyone recommend a reputable restoration house.

: Dear Juan Carlos Torres: Jakob Stainer was the finest Tyrol/German violin maker, preferred by musicians over Amati's, Stradivarius, and Guanari instruments. He was born in 1644 and lived to be just over 60 years old. The violin about which you write must be a copy; an original Stainer is rare and he is noted for his elaborate lion's head carvings in lieu of scrolls and carvings of angels, etcetera. The Smithonian Museum has information about Jacob Stainer and his instruments. Enjoy your copy and play it often. Sincerely, Madeline

: : i want to sale my stainer in good condition the lable in the violin is like this jacobus stainer in abafam prope oeninotum 1740 and i wan loking for the value a jacobus stainer violin
: : see above message. thanks, dan i hope you can halep me

re: looking for the value of a jacobus stainer violin

: i have a violin that i would like to know the value of and how to go about selling it. it is a jacobus stainer. inside i can see that it says "in ABLAM Prope Oemportum 1730"

stainer violin

I purchased one at a garage sale with the same label inside as yours. It also has stainer stamped on the back near the neck. I am curious to know what it is worth. Please let me know if you find anything out.

Hallo,
ich bin im Besitz einer Jacobus Stainer Violine Von 1668 Mdell:Absam?
ich würde sie gerne schätzen und evtl. verkaufen.
Selbstverständlich stelle ich Ihnen Fotos zur Verfügung und würde sie auch begutachten lassen.
die Geige befindet sich nachweislich seit dem 19. Jahrhundert in Familienbesitz

Re: looking for the value of a Jacous Stainer violin from 1676

call me, or send me a post message, please and tell me how can J now is my violine original?

Re: J want to sell same model, in good condition.

call me, or send me a post message.

Hallo,
wir sind im Besitz einer Jacobus Stainer Violine Von 1668 Mdell:Absam?
wir würden sie gerne schätzen und evtl. verkaufen.
Selbstverständlich stellen wir Ihnen Fotos zur Verfügung und würden sie auch begutachten lassen.
die Geige befindet sich nachweislich seit dem 19. Jahrhundert in Familienbesitz

The inscription reads:

Jacobus Stainer in Absam
prope Oenipontum 17

: The inscription reads:

: Jacobus Stainer in Absam 1659
:

: The inscription reads:Stainer
there are no other marks or dates that I can find

:
:

: Jacobus Stainer in Absam
: prope Oenipontum 16

Re: looking for the value of a Jacobus Stainer violin 1665

: prope Oenipontum 1665

: : The inscription reads:

: : Jacobus Stainer in Absam
: : prope Oenipontum 1665

: : : The inscription reads:

: : : Jacobus Stainer in Absam
: : : prope Oenipontum 1665

Hi,

I stumbled across this message. Any word on what this means or the value of the instrument?

Thanks,
Victor

: prope Oenipontum 16

looking for the value of a Jacobus Stainer violin

I noticed your question on the web and I have a violin with exactly the same inscriptions I was wondering if you received a value on your violin
Regards

Fran O'Donnell

i want to sell my violin

: : The inscription reads:

: : <B style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">Jacobus </B><B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">Stainer</B> in Absam
: : prope Oenipontum 16

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.