Re: Stainer Violin Appraisal

Posted by Hazel Lemmons on Mon, 10/02/06 - 20:52:41.

I have a violin with the name jacobus Stainer 1 Absam
propo oenipontum 1657 please inform me if this violin has any value . Thank you Hazel Lemmons : : For information on Jacobus Stainer violins contact me
: : : at http://rperras.tripod.com/, I have studied this maker for 15 years
: : : and have a vast information base,and as well have hand carved 38 replicas of Stainers instruments

: : I have a friend who has an old Steiner violin. It is in great shape. The writings on it are Jacobus Stainer in Absam prope Oenipontum 1726. Any info on this violin would be helpful. Please email me back. Thank You. Julie

: have steiner violin for sale inside reads Jacobus Stainer in Absam prope Oenipontum 1665

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

1665 Jacobus Stainer violin

I need to find out if the violin I have that was my grandpa's great grandfather's is worth anything. It says Jacobus Stainer 1665 then that long word after the Absam prope Oenipontum. I don't have it here to give you the exact inscription.

Jacobus Stainer in Absam prope Oenipontum 1665

how do i find out what it is worth?
it is NOT in pristine condition.
It has an old bow style and it is in
an old case. I dont know how old.
we got this 3 years ago from an old man who
had it for a long time.

Jacobus

I have a violin in side say: jacobus Stainer in Absam
prope oenipontum 1657.
Is this an important piece?
Thank you
Marcelo Batarse I'M FROM CHILE
mbatarse@cuerobat.cl

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.