Re: giovan paolo maggini

Posted by Dmitriy Shapiro on Mon, 04/08/02 - 15:18:53.

: : does any one have any info and or valuation on a violin with the inscription Giovan paolo Maggini
: : brefcia 16

Hello.

I am a high school student who plays in the school orchestra. And i know a bit about violins. Also this one, because i have one.

Mine says exactly the same thing in it. The violin is a copy of Violins made by Giovan Paolo Maggini in the 1600. There are thousands of these violins. The were made circa 1900 in Germany. I bought mine for $2,500. I suggest you go to a String instrument shop (violin, viola, cello, bass, not guitar), or go to a music shop that knows a thing or two about violins and get it appraised.

Please email me if you decide to appraise it. I want you make sure i wasnt giped. lol

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: giovan paolo maggini 1664 violin

: : : does any one have any info and or valuation on a violin with the inscription Giovan paolo Maggini
: : : brescia 1664

: Hello.

: I am a high school student who plays in the school orchestra. And i know a bit about violins. Also this one, because i have one.

: Mine says exactly the same thing in it. The violin is a copy of Violins made by Giovan Paolo Maggini in the 1600. There are thousands of these violins. The were made circa 1900 in Germany. I bought mine for $2,500. I suggest you go to a String instrument shop (violin, viola, cello, bass, not guitar), or go to a music shop that knows a thing or two about violins and get it appraised.

: Please email me if you decide to appraise it. I want you make sure i wasnt giped. lol

: : : does any one have any info and or valuation on a violin with the inscription Giovan paolo Maggini
: : : brefcia 16

: I am a high school student who plays in the school orchestra. And i know a bit about violins. Also this one, because i have one.

: Mine says exactly the same thing in it. The violin is a copy of Violins made by Giovan Paolo Maggini in the 1600. There are thousands of these violins. The were made circa 1900 in Germany. I bought mine for $2,500. I suggest you go to a String instrument shop (violin, viola, cello, bass, not guitar), or go to a music shop that knows a thing or two about violins and get it appraised.

: Please email me if you decide to appraise it. I want you make sure i wasnt giped. lol

Hello,
I have a violin that was purchased at auction that says the following:

Giovan Paolo Maggini
brescia 1631

It has double purfling on the front and has a wood that appears to be "birds eye" on the sides and backs. I have been told that many of the copies state they are a copy and include the country where they were made. I never have been too concerned about the maker of the violin, it's value, whether or not it is a copy, etc....but now I am considering having it appraised. Anyone have any info to share?

: : : : does any one have any info and or valuation on a violin with the inscription Giovan paolo Maggini
: : : : brefcia 16

: : Hello.

: : I am a high school student who plays in the school orchestra. And i know a bit about violins. Also this one, because i have one.

: : Mine says exactly the same thing in it. The violin is a copy of Violins made by Giovan Paolo Maggini in the 1600. There are thousands of these violins. The were made circa 1900 in Germany. I bought mine for $2,500. I suggest you go to a String instrument shop (violin, viola, cello, bass, not guitar), or go to a music shop that knows a thing or two about violins and get it appraised.

: : Please email me if you decide to appraise it. I want you make sure i wasnt giped. lol

: Hello,
: I have a violin that was purchased at auction that says the following:

: Giovan Paolo Maggini
: brescia 1631

: It has double purfling on the front and has a wood that appears to be "birds eye" on the sides and backs. I have been told that many of the copies state they are a copy and include the country where they were made. I never have been too concerned about the maker of the violin, it's value, whether or not it is a copy, etc....but now I am considering having it appraised. Anyone have any info to share?

I have one as well. I recently had it appraised by an expert in South Africa who valued it at about R10,000.00 ($1,250.00)

: : : : does any one have any info and or valuation on a violin with the inscription Giovan paolo Maggini

: : I am a high school student who plays in the school orchestra. And i know a bit about violins. Also this one, because i have one.

: : Mine says exactly the same thing in it. The violin is a copy of Violins made by Giovan Paolo Maggini in the 1600. There are thousands of these violins. The were made circa 1900 in Germany. I bought mine for $2,500. I suggest you go to a String instrument shop (violin, viola, cello, bass, not guitar), or go to a music shop that knows a thing or two about violins and get it appraised.

: : Please email me if you decide to appraise it. I want you make sure i wasnt giped. lol

: Hello,
: I have a violin that was purchased at auction that says the following:

: Giovan Paolo Maggini
: brescia 1631

: It has double purfling on the front and has a wood that appears to be "birds eye" on the sides and backs. I have been told that many of the copies state they are a copy and include the country where they were made. I never have been too concerned about the maker of the violin, it's value, whether or not it is a copy, etc....but now I am considering having it appraised. Anyone have any info to share?

jerry says i have the same violin mine is dated 1640 it was in bad shape when i got it, i sent it to a fellow who was supposed to be a lutier he apparntly didn't know much. how to parmid the cracks or even how to hot knife. then glued it togeather with a hot glue gun. i/ve to take the time to redue it all. it's a little longer then a strat copy or the german fiddles. sure like to hear how it sounds.

I also have a violin signed Giovan Paolo Maggini, Brescia 1623 . I would like to know how to get evaluated. It is in poor shape now and has not been worked on.

: : : I am a high school student who plays in the school orchestra. And i know a bit about violins. Also this one, because i have one.

: : : Mine says exactly the same thing in it. The violin is a copy of Violins made by Giovan Paolo Maggini in the 1600. There are thousands of these violins. The were made circa 1900 in Germany. I bought mine for $2,500. I suggest you go to a String instrument shop (violin, viola, cello, bass, not guitar), or go to a music shop that knows a thing or two about violins and get it appraised.

: : : Please email me if you decide to appraise it. I want you make sure i wasnt giped. lol

: : Hello,
: : I have a violin that was purchased at auction that says the following:

: : Giovan Paolo Maggini
: : brescia 1631

: : It has double purfling on the front and has a wood that appears to be "birds eye" on the sides and backs. I have been told that many of the copies state they are a copy and include the country where they were made. I never have been too concerned about the maker of the violin, it's value, whether or not it is a copy, etc....but now I am considering having it appraised. Anyone have any info to share?

: jerry says i have the same violin mine is dated 1640 it was in bad shape when i got it, i sent it to a fellow who was supposed to be a lutier he apparntly didn't know much. how to parmid the cracks or even how to hot knife. then glued it togeather with a hot glue gun. i/ve to take the time to redue it all. it's a little longer then a strat copy or the german fiddles. sure like to hear how it sounds.

I have the exact violin also and am in the process of having it appraised by a violin maker in Rochester, NY I will let you know what I find out.

Hello I am an undergraduate at the Univesity of Kwa-Zulu Natal in South Africa. I have been playing the violin for about ten years and possess one of these violins that I do believe were made in 1900. I bought it 10 years ago for 1700 Rand and belive that it was well below its true value. My estimate now is within the region of $2000-$2500 dollars. It does have unique features such as a double scroll and a backing with maple eyes instead of the traditional wood lining. I would be interested to hear what valuatuions other people with similar violins have acquired.

Thanks
Caroline

:haloo i hawe giovan paolo MAGGINI VIOLAS 1640 YAHR ORIGINAL!SALE!!!

:
: :haloo i hawe giovan paolo MAGGINI VIOLAS 1640 YAHR ORIGINAL!SALE!!!

Hi, I also have a copy, does your have carved scroll ?
Do you have any photographs of your model ?. I am looking to sell and am trying to get an idea what it is worth.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.