nighthawk replacement pickups

Posted by paul on Sun, 04/01/01 - 20:23:47.
In Reply to Guitar Outpost

i have a 1999 epiphone nighthawk that is a real nice guitar that i recently had a professional setup put on it.really enjoy playing it except for one little problem....the humbucker is VERY week.that leads to another problem.....the humbucker is a slanted pickup.gibson has stopped making there version of a replacement.they had made two of them one being the super and the other being a custom.if anyone has any imformation where i can find either of those or a replacement pickup that really screems,please respond. i am looking for something comparible to a screemin demon made by s.duncan,or either of the two gibson pickups.thanx

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Epi Night Hawk Replacement Pups

Seymour Duncan is making 2 versions of the Night Hawk slant bridge pup. One is a J.B. model (very hot) and the 59er version, milder P.A.F sound. A company called Benson is winding single coil pups to order for the center pup position. Take your pick of mini-humbuckers out there. I believe that if you replace the pots and switch it is a good idea. Any of those "OBL/////" labeled pups are no good. Good Luck. One more thing. it make a big difference to install a $40 set of Callaham 2 1/16th vintage bridge saddles.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.