AYAR GUITAR

Posted by Linda on Sun, 11/02/03 - 20:33:21.

Does anyone know anything about old AYAR electric guitars? I acquired one. . .as interesting as it looks, I can't find any information. Looks like tortoise shell piece on it. .guitar is a yellowish/ivory color. Case looks old as dirt! HELP!
Linda in Ga.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: AYAR GUITAR

: Does anyone know anything about old AYAR electric guitars? I acquired one. . .as interesting as it looks, I can't find any information. Looks like tortoise shell piece on it. .guitar is a yellowish/ivory color. Case looks old as dirt! HELP!
: Linda in Ga.

My very first electric guitar in 1965/66 was an Ayar. It was an absolute piece of junk. Other than for nostalgia, I wouldn't really want one. ;-)

: : Does anyone know anything about old AYAR electric guitars? I acquired one. . .as interesting as it looks, I can't find any information. Looks like tortoise shell piece on it. .guitar is a yellowish/ivory color. Case looks old as dirt! HELP!
: : Linda in Ga.

: My very first electric guitar in 1965/66 was an Ayar. It was an absolute piece of junk. Other than for nostalgia, I wouldn't really want one. ;-)

: : : Does anyone know anything about old AYAR electric guitars? I acquired one. . .as interesting as it looks, I can't find any information. Looks like tortoise shell piece on it. .guitar is a yellowish/ivory color. Case looks old as dirt! HELP!
: : : Linda in Ga.

: : My very first electric guitar in 1965/66 was an Ayar. It was an absolute piece of junk. Other than for nostalgia, I wouldn't really want one. ;-)

: : : : Does anyone know anything about old AYAR electric guitars? I acquired one. . .as interesting as it looks, I can't find any information. Looks like tortoise shell piece on it. .guitar is a yellowish/ivory color. Case looks old as dirt! HELP!
: : : : Linda in Ga.

: : : My very first electric guitar in 1965/66 was an Ayar. It was an absolute piece of junk. Other than for nostalgia, I wouldn't really want one. ;-)

I bought a Hofner Bass copy made by Ayar back in 1972 after my Hofner was stolen.It was a dead ringer for the Hofner.Many people asked me about it as I removed the Ayar name from the head stock.It played,and sounded as good as the Hofner,as the Hofner, back then was a relatively cheap Bass guitar,only made expensive by McCartney using one.The music store I purchased it from told me it was probably made in Japan,and further stated they were decent guitars for the money.I played on a few Ayar acoustic guitars that were basically junk.I suppose you win a few,lose a few .I don't think any of the Ayar brand guitars will ever bring money,or value.However,if you have a good one,and it plays well,keep it !

i have a old a dirt ayar violin hofner bass` that i need parts for im just wondering how much its worth

: Does anyone know anything about old AYAR electric guitars? I acquired one. . .as interesting as it looks, I can't find any information. Looks like tortoise shell piece on it. .guitar is a yellowish/ivory color. Case looks old as dirt! HELP!
: Linda in Ga.
:I have a 4 pick-up Ayar 6-string solid body. Above the strings, in a stainless steel housing, are the flip switches for each pick-up plus an R-> and <-S switch for each pick-up. It also has a roll or rotating switch for each set of two pick-ups. My dad bought this guitar (used) in breckenridge, Tx in the late 1950's or early 1960's for my brother and I. My brother graduated high school in 1964 and left the guitar at home for me to play. If my memory serves me right, the company that made the guitar may have gotten in to some trouble because the guitar was too much like another guitar already in production. I've never really heard anything else about Ayar. This one has a couple of scratches on it, but I'm going clean the switches and I need to replace the plastic (or ivory) inserts around the tuning keys. Other than that its in pretty good shape and brings back a lot of memories.

Anybody know any info on old AYAR electric guitars? i was driving down the street and i stumbled upon one. its in great condition for sitting along the street. its black and it fades into a deep maroon in the middle. both pickups work but, has no strings.it also has a missing knob. its bearly messed up at all. I really need help on finding info on it. id greatly appreciate it!

Blake Jones in MO

I found an ayar guitar at a garage sale. I paid ten dollars for it. It has all it's strings, not missing anything, but someone replaced a tuning key. No one seems to know anything about it. I had some guitar experts look at it and they said it has good tone,but to not go professional with it. I plugged it up to distortion and it sounds great.

: Anybody know any info on old AYAR electric guitars? i was driving down the street and i stumbled upon one. its in great condition for sitting along the street. its black and it fades into a deep maroon in the middle. both pickups work but, has no strings.it also has a missing knob. its bearly messed up at all. I really need help on finding info on it. id greatly appreciate it!

: Blake Jones in MO

AYAR GUITAR

ive also stumbled upon an old ayar guitar. i found it a thrift and decided to take it home and fix it up. i wantd to put in all new pickups and electronics but i cant find any info or anything

I have one ha haw
: ive also stumbled upon an old ayar guitar. i found it a thrift and decided to take it home and fix it up. i wantd to put in all new pickups and electronics but i cant find any info or anything

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.