Re: Gretsch pickguard

Posted by Steve Hornung on Sun, 02/22/04 - 13:08:30.

: Looking for Model 6119 pickguard (1968?) Chet Atkins Tennessean hollowbody with fake f holes. Send price and describe guard and condition. Thanks.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Gretsch pickguard

: : Looking for Model 6119 pickguard (1968?) Chet Atkins Tennessean hollowbody with fake f holes. Send price and describe guard and condition. Thanks.

Guitar Center in Milwaukee has one hanging on the wall, under glass. Appears to be in exellent condition. They have I belive a $3,200.00 price tag on it. It has the single coil pickups. I think they call them Hi Low Tron. I have one but it's a player. If you ain't gonna play it get rid of it. I bought mine new In 1967 for I believe $300.00. Nice little mark up. Guitar center in Shaumburg Ill. had one at one time. Claimed it was original but I knew it couldn't be because it was fretted over the binding. At that time Gretsch fretted the guitar then installed the binding the pulled a wire down the edge of fret board to remove excess binbing material. Which left the binding the same hight as the fret wire where thet meet.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.