Re: Polytone Model 104 Guitar Amplifier

Advertisement
Posted by DHG on Fri, 08/23/02 - 09:40:32.

: I found a Polytone guitar amp at our local Goodwill. It came with a cover, is very large, very heavy (I cannot pick it up) has wheels on it, a place on the back says "Model 104" and "180 watts". Made in Hollywood, Cal. It has a fuzzy red "polytone" logo on the front It looks to be 25-35 yearls old, it has a '60'-70's Brady Bunch look to it (sorry, but that's about the only way to describe it) I am from the bluegrass camp, I bought this to resell and fund my pre-war Gibson banjo habit, if anyone has any info on these, value, etc. I would appreciate it very much, I can find nothing on the web about them. THANKS!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

: : I found a Polytone guitar amp at our local Goodwill. It came with a cover, is very large, very heavy (I cannot pick it up) has wheels on it, a place on the back says "Model 104" and "180 watts". Made in Hollywood, Cal. It has a fuzzy red "polytone" logo on the front It looks to be 25-35 yearls old, it has a '60'-70's Brady Bunch look to it (sorry, but that's about the only way to describe it) I am from the bluegrass camp, I bought this to resell and fund my pre-war Gibson banjo habit, if anyone has any info on these, value, etc. I would appreciate it very much, I can find nothing on the web about them. THANKS!

I AM A AMP TECH WORKING ON A POLYTONE 104 , ITS A GREAT SOUNDING AMP FOR A SOLIDSTATE. THIS ONE NEEDED TWO NEW ICS FOR PREAMPS, BUT NOW HAS TROUBLE WITH THE REVERB AND VIBRATO. SOME PARTS ARE NO LONGER AVAILBLE . I AM STILL TRYING TO GET A SCHMATIC FOR THIS AMP. I DO HAVE AXCESS TO A 1962 GIBSON 5 STRING BANGO IN VERY GOOD CONDITION FOR SALE. CONTACT RICK AT TUBEGAIT@YAHOO.COM OR CALL 305 232 6790 IN MIAMI,FL.

Polytone Model 104 Guitar Amplifier

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Polytone Model 104 Guitar Amplifier

Hi

Do you still have the amp?

I am interested

702 610 0131

Polytone Model 104 Guitar Amplifier

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Polytone Model 104 Guitar Amplifier

What kind of shape is it in? Is it for sale? Wjere are you located?

I have one too. Bought it in the 70's for $600. No idea what it is worth today. Do you ? Thanks.

Yo! fun...
i like it :)
John
<a href="http://www.toshain.com">painting</a>

I also have one...have been using it for keyboards for 25 years...just had it reconed and put real speaker grills on it about two years ago, but it still cranks.

George Benson made these famous...(see ad at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=910251255 ). They were also called the 'Joe Pass Special' at the time I bought mine.

jeff

: I also have one...have been using it for keyboards for 25 years...just had it reconed and put real speaker grills on it about two years ago, but it still cranks.

: George Benson made these famous...(see ad at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=910251255 ). They were also called the 'Joe Pass Special' at the time I bought mine.

: jeff
I purchased mine new in '78....virtually never used it...used smaller Polytone amps instead....Mint condition....could not tell difference from mine to factory unit...going to put on Ebay soon for about $400...see what happens!

I bought a polytone 104 amp last year at ebay.
Sounds amazing warm...
If anyone needs schematics of this great jazz amp
I can mail it

Polytone 104 amp schematic

Hi, I saw your posting in 2007 and would like to get the schematic for a Polytone 104 amp. I am about ready to service one for my clients.

Thank you,
Darrell

I bought a polytone 104 amp 2006 on ebay.
I like it -its a amazing warm sound jazz amp.
I had to repair it - changed all condensators.
If anyone needs schematics- i can post them..

Re: Polytone Model 103Guitar Amplifier

help need electronic diag. for polytone 103

: help need electronic diag. for polytone 103

Do you still need a diagram for the 103?

: help need electronic diag. for polytone 103

: apparently you are not the only one.
i myself am also in need of them, i only need the power amp schematics, but could have future use of pre amp scheme's
as well, if i find anything i'll let you know, contact @ kellymassey33@hotmail.com

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.