Alamo amp schematics and/or tube types

Advertisement
Posted by blusplar on Sun, 12/01/02 - 19:35:50.
In Reply to S&L MUSIC GEAR

I recently perchased an Alamo Futura Reverb Model 2567. The tubes that came with the amp are unreadable. Can anyone help in giving me the tube types that go into the preamp and the driver.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

alamo fiesta --dart--AMP

i recently purchased a mint,like new alamo amp.the sticker inside says fiesta but it dosen,t look like any fiesta picture i have seen on the net.this amp is rated at 3 watts/6 watts max.it has a 10 in speaker.controls are, left to right,3 input jacks,volume,tone,speed,intensity.above the speed intensity knobs the word [tremolo] the word[dart] to the right of the speed intensity knobs.tag inside chassis says mdl 2573 FIESTA AMPLIFIER,ser #85471.tubes are left to right looking at back of amp 12au6,35c5,35w4,12av6.the dimensions of this amp are 19 in long,6 1/2 in wide 14 3/4 tall.the 10 in speaker has a square magnet that is 1/2 in thick 2 1/2 x2 1/2. a sticker on the magnet says specially engineered for alamo.everything i have seen about the fiesta model states 10 watt power,8 in speaker.also every fiesta i have seen on the net shows all controls ON THE TOP OF THE CHASSIS.the controls on my amp are ON THE UPPER FRONT OF THE CHASSIS ABOVE THE 10 1/4 x 16 1/2 silver-gold mix snakeskin like speaker grill cloth with a 3 1/4 x 1 alamo nameplate upper left side of grill.i have ordered new tubes as it has a slight hum.the guy i brought it from said he recently put in new capacitors [upgraded] i would love to get a schematic for this as there is probably a difference between this 3 watt/6 watts max amp and the 10 watt fiesta amp.this amp does not have a red power on indicator light as does the 10 watt fiesta.the recessed controls are set in a lt grey painted panel 14 x 2 the chassis is black rough vinyl.has black handle on top secured by 1 1/2 x 1 polished metal rivited strap holders.i would like to get as much info as i can on this amp.as i stated earlier i have looked at hundreds of pictures of alamo amps on every search engine possible and there is NOTHING on this amp,not one picture,is this RARE?I HAVE USED THIS WITH MY NEW STRAT AND I GOTTA SAY THIS LITTLE GUY IS DAMM IMPRESSIVE.THE TREMOLO IS OUTSTANDING,SOUND IS CRYSTAL CLEAR AND THERE IS PLENTY OF POWER.THE NEIGHBOR I BROUGHT IT FROM SAID IT SOUNDED POWERFUL,CLEAR AND CLEAN AND HE LIVES APPROX 500 FT DOWN THE ROAD.ANY INFO ON THIS AMP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.THANKS,BLUE

Alamo Paragon Bass

I am wondering if anyone knows where I can find a schematic for the Alamo Paragon Bass amp.

Great sound, just need to fix it!

Alamo Paragon Bass Schematic

I have a Alamo Paragon Special Bass Amplifier model 2569 schematic. Tubes: (2) 12AX7, (1) 7199, (2) 5881, (1) 5U4 Dual channel. Special bass and normal channel.

I have 2575

I have a 2575 model, maybe that just means it was manufactured in 74/75?

Anyway, the tubes are (2) GT-6L6B and (1) 12AX7R.

The issue is the output transformer has blown and I am not sure what its impedance was.

Any suggestions would be amazing!

Thanks!

Chris

Re: Alamo amp schematics and/or tube types

These Alamo schematics are hard to locate. Realize you may be seeking other models but just wanted to contribute this for a Capri schematic which I located on line this evening.
www.geocities.com/oasysco/alacap.htm. I am also looking for Alamo Model 2 and Model 3 Schematics.

Alamo Model 3 Schematic

I have a Alamo model amp-3 Blueprint schematic dated 12-29-53 Tubes: 6LS7, 6V6, 5Y3

Alamo Amp3 Schematics

I have an Alamo Amp3 that was my uncles. Original owner. I want to make harp friendly, but need the schematics. You mentioned you had. Could you email them to me?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Alamo amp schematics and/or tube types

have a alamo electra amplifier and looking for schematics. it's the one with two channels, one with vibrato.

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Alamo amp schematics and/or tube types

Blusplar, I checked out my Alamo futura amp and here are the Tubes i have in mine.

Facing the rear of the amp and starting on the right working back to the left they are as follows:

One 12AX7 (Preamp which I have installed replacing the original.) Tube

two RCA Brand 6v6 Tubes

One IEC Brand made in Britain 5AR/GZ34
(This tube also has GT on it and the following #s 1/122-203
I am not sure what role this tube plays in the circuitry)

I hope this helps,

I too have an alamo futura and have sent you an email. I will try to identify my tubes some of which need replacing as well.

This is some good investigation going on. I have an Alamo Fury 2566 w/no tubes in it. Fro what I've gathered so far, the 2 power tubes are 7868's and the preamp tube is 12AX7...it's the rectifier tube I have know idea about. Anyone out there w/one of these?

Re: Alamo embassy amp

i have a alamo embassy amp and was wondering if anyone knows what tubes it uses?

Mine has 6V6,5Y3,12AX7,and

Mine has 6V6,5Y3,12AX7,and a6AV6. It is marked on the chassis. Alamos had severalvariations in thier curcuits. Ihave two hybrid Jets. One is all solid state pre-amp. One has a 12AX7.Both have5Y3 rec. 6V6 output. SO be careful.

Re: Alamo embassy amp

Solid state preamp with a 6V6 output and 5Y3 rectifier.

: i have a alamo embassy amp and was wondering if anyone knows what tubes it uses?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.