Unknow guitar

Posted by Pierre Doucet on Thu, 03/13/03 - 20:59:49.
In Reply to S&L MUSIC GEAR

Need fast help please !
I own a guitar that the logo on the headsok have been erase, but on the metal neck plate there is this an inscription: Teisco Gengakki.kk , I've bought this guitar on 1969 and it's a telecaster copy. The guitar is absolutly original, no parts have been changed.

Hope in your help to know what it is to help me put a value on it.

Thanks a lot to all of you.

God bless America

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

unknown brand guitar but looks like a teisco

I bought a guitar it looks like a teisco, it says made in Japan but that's all I could find, I could send you a picture if possible

Re: Unknow guitar

Hi there - not fast feedback but Teisco Gengakki (translates as "Teisco String Instrument Co") made these in the late 60s and most are seen with the "Excetro" brand on the headstock and "bigsby". Kind of a Fender Tele Thinline copy without the F-hole. I have one (in Lake Placid Blue) and its a great guitar - lightweight, resonan, spanky p'ups and smooth neck. Probably worth about $300US in good cond?
Cheers
Dr Zot

God bless Planet Earth

Re: Unknow guitar

On a good day the guitar may fetch $200 US... It probably sounds great as these were blues workhorses BUt thousands were produced

: Need fast help please !
: I own a guitar that the logo on the headsok have been erase, but on the metal neck plate there is this an inscription: Teisco Gengakki.kk , I've bought this guitar on 1969 and it's a telecaster copy. The guitar is absolutly original, no parts have been changed.

: Hope in your help to know what it is to help me put a value on it.

: Thanks a lot to all of you.

: God bless America

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.