Re: kimbara acoustic guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Abi on Sun, 03/04/07 - 07:53:53.

: : : Hi i was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about kimbara
: : : accoustic guitars just came across one, it was made in korea
: : : and it has square shaped pearl insets on the frets,
: : : it also has the pearl trim the whole way round the edge of the guitar
: : : and going up the back of the guitar in a V shape .
: : : the label on the inside of the guitar says KIMBARA specially made for
: : : FCN.england model no. 8/Y
: : : I would appreciate any information about it .

: : Hullo,

: : I have a Kimbara acoustic guitar that I bought in approx. 1975 for about £36. The label reads: "Kimbara, specially made in Japan for FCN London. Model no. 169 Serial no. 46118" The design is essentially plain but with a mosaic design around the sound hole.

: : I am trying to get a value for it so that I can sell it.

I have the same Kimbara acoustic model no. 196 specially made in japan for FCN London, with the mosaic round the sound hole...no serial number that i can see though. it was passed down to me and i have no idea where it is from or how much it is worth, if anyone has any information that would be great

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Hi

I have a Kimbara N96 Custom, bought new in Uxbridge UK in March 1974 and still in perfect condition. It is basically a copy of the world-famous Gibson J200. These guitars were imported from Japan and built to a very high standard.

I even have the original catalogue and price list covering the Kimbara range at that time. The N 169 ia described as follows: 'High gloss leo body and sides, multi-inlay to front and back edges, laminated spruce front with fan struts, beautiful mosaic-inlaid soundhole, rosewood bridge with mosaic inlay. Mahogany neck with Spanish heel in natural finish, rosewood fingerboard, nickel silver frets, handsome carved head with mosaic inlay. Gold lacquered fancy machine heads with ivorine rollers, nylon strings. Excellent tone and outstanding value.'

The price list is dated August 1973 and shows £24.50. You could try applying inflation to that, but the retail price index only dates from 1985.

Hope this helps.

Hi Abi..bit late on the scene, but could you give the details of the Kimbara Acoustic 8/Y model from the catalogue you have? I've just posted another comment, after having made a few adjustments and inadvertently striking gold, playing and sound-wise.
There's a load of Japanese writing on the inside label - I'm hoping a Japanese friend can translate when she comes back from holiday.
Greetings. John.

kimbara acoustic guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: kimbara acoustic guitar

kimbara acoustic guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: kimbara acoustic guitar

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.