Re: Checkmate Guitar

Advertisement
Posted by librarydeb on Mon, 03/12/07 - 17:53:21.

also, can anyone explain why a checkmate g 245 would sell for $237 on ebay? it does have pretty zebra-like striping. would that be what drives it up so much?

here is description from ebay listing:

"This is an old Checkmate Acoustic Guitar in almost mint condition. I don't know what kind of wood this is, but it looks like zebra wood on the back and sides. The top looks like Spruce. The neck looks like Maple. It has a stamp inside the sound hole on a brace that shows 46.9.28. I could not find a serial number. The model number is G 245. It has a metal name plate on the head stock. It has a truss rod and the neck is very straight. There are MOP inlay markers on the fret board. There are no cracks, seperations, chips, or dings on it. There is no bowing anywhere. It has made in Japan on the label in the sound hole. I put a set of Elixir light strings on it and it has an awesome sound and low action. There is very little fret wear at all. Hasn't been played much. Someone took really good care of this guitar. The saddle is adjustable. This guitar measures 39 1/2" L X 14 1/4" W X 4 1/4"D. I will include a cardboard case with the guitar. It has several nicks and scars but will protect the guitar really well. This must have been one of the Checkmate high end guitars.(Don't know for sure). This will make someone a great collectible. This is one awesome looking instrument. Check out the pictures and if you have any questions please contact me and I will get back to you. Thanks for being interested. "

This is an old Checkmate Acoustic Guitar in almost mint condition. I don't know what kind of wood this is, but it looks like zebra wood on the back and sides. The top looks like Spruce. The neck looks like Maple. It has a stamp inside the sound hole on a brace that shows 46.9.28. I could not find a serial number. The model number is G 245. It has a metal name plate on the head stock. It has a truss rod and the neck is very straight. There are MOP inlay markers on the fret board. There are no cracks, seperations, chips, or dings on it. There is no bowing anywhere. It has made in Japan on the label in the sound hole. I put a set of Elixir light strings on it and it has an awesome sound and low action. There is very little fret wear at all. Hasn't been played much. Someone took really good care of this guitar. The saddle is adjustable. This guitar measures 39 1/2" L X 14 1/4" W X 4 1/4"D. I will include a cardboard case with the guitar. It has several nicks and scars but will protect the guitar really well. This must have been one of the Checkmate high end guitars.(Don't know for sure). This will make someone a great collectible. This is one awesome looking instrument. Check out the pictures and if you have any questions please contact me and I will get back to you. Thanks for being interested.
This is an old Checkmate Acoustic Guitar in almost mint condition. I don't know what kind of wood this is, but it looks like zebra wood on the back and sides. The top looks like Spruce. The neck looks like Maple. It has a stamp inside the sound hole on a brace that shows 46.9.28. I could not find a serial number. The model number is G 245. It has a metal name plate on the head stock. It has a truss rod and the neck is very straight. There are MOP inlay markers on the fret board. There are no cracks, seperations, chips, or dings on it. There is no bowing anywhere. It has made in Japan on the label in the sound hole. I put a set of Elixir light strings on it and it has an awesome sound and low action. There is very little fret wear at all. Hasn't been played much. Someone took really good care of this guitar. The saddle is adjustable. This guitar measures 39 1/2" L X 14 1/4" W X 4 1/4"D. I will include a cardboard case with the guitar. It has several nicks and scars but will protect the guitar really well. This must have been one of the Checkmate high end guitars.(Don't know for sure). This will make someone a great collectible. This is one awesome looking instrument. Check out the pictures and if you have any questions please contact me and I will get back to you. Thanks for being interested.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Checkmate G300/ dumpster find

I have aquired a Checkmate G300 that was found in a dumpster.The bridge and tuning machines are missing, but the neck appears straight, and it's in good all around condition. Anyone know where an original bridge might be available, and what type of tuners it originally had? I can make a bridge , and I have a set of gold Grovers laying around, to make it a player if there is no real value in it in original condition. I think it will be a funky, cool old Japan guitar. Anyone got the scoop on them?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.